What's new

"Top Ramen budget" cigars

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Perdomo Slow-Aged Lot 826 run about $45 for a bundle of 20. They're pretty good "give-outs." Mild, creamy, with hints of cedar.

And let's not forget La Aurora seconds. You can get a bundle of 15 for $22. They're just as good as the firsts, sans a cigar band.

CWL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JR Cigars has a line of Alternatives that are handmade and can fall into your price range. They are made similar to specific popular brands and sizes and the robusto sizes go for $27.95/20 ($1.40). I like them when I want a "similar" cigar to a favorite, but which I can toss halfway if I don't have time to finish.

These used to be seconds and overruns but have become so popular that they are specifically made nowadays.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I'm home or in a port call I'll break out the "good stuff", but out here on the ship it's not worth lighting up anything that costs more than $2/stick. That's why I like the Flor Del Todo and the Dark Shark. If I only get to smoke 1/2 of it, I don't have to feel bad about pitching the unused half overboard.

There are countless sticks in the $2 to $3 range that make phenomenal daily smokes. 5 Vegas has to be one of the best deals out there in my very humble opinion. At $3 per stick, they have some very enjoyable blends. When I hand them out, folks are blown away when I tell them how much they actually cost me.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
I have become a little too much of a cigar snob lately and smoking some really good stuff...but yesterday I broke out a La Flor De Oliva robusto nat and took me back a little. Good stick for the price point. I've never been much of a bundle guy...but I think ill snag another one of these soon. Ill have to try out the Pepin too...anyone have something that it resembles in taste? Anything like his other lines?

Baldanders

Jim AKA Patty
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I've considered pulling the trigger on a bundle of those Gran Habano Vintage. I love their Habano #3, Corojo #5, and 3 Siglos. Too bad the 3 Siglos is being discontinued.

How are the Bahia Maduro? I got some Bahia Blu about a year ago through a CI daily deal. They were "meh". Is the maduro version any better?

3 Siglos are not being discontinued they had to change the name the new name is 3 SLS and the blend is the same but I believe the wrapper was changed to one close to the OR.

sgresso

Long hair Dork
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
JR Cigars has a line of Alternatives that are handmade and can fall into your price range. They are made similar to specific popular brands and sizes and the robusto sizes go for $27.95/20 ($1.40). I like them when I want a "similar" cigar to a favorite, but which I can toss halfway if I don't have time to finish.

These used to be seconds and overruns but have become so popular that they are specifically made nowadays.
I second the JR alts.
This are quality stick for a nice price and I have never had a issue with them.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've considered pulling the trigger on a bundle of those Gran Habano Vintage. I love their Habano #3, Corojo #5, and 3 Siglos. Too bad the 3 Siglos is being discontinued.

How are the Bahia Maduro? I got some Bahia Blu about a year ago through a CI daily deal. They were "meh". Is the maduro version any better?
It's not complex, nor a good looking stick (spotty). But it has a certain profile that I liked. Toasty, roasted nuts through the nose, coffee, cocoa and leather for the most part. The usual pepper and hints of cocoa at the start, the build towards more coffee, and leather through 2/3 and the leathery spice ending. It's done by the book and isn't spectacular by any means.

But if that's down your alley, you can't go wrong for the price. I had the torp's but atm the panchos (5.5in x 52ring) are selling on CI for 30.00$ per 20 bundle.

edit: I liked the vintage 2002 better for .50 if we're being nitpicks. JMO

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 Siglos are not being discontinued they had to change the name the new name is 3 SLS and the blend is the same but I believe the wrapper was changed to one close to the OR.
There's a great piece of news I hadn't heard yet. I'll keep my eyes peeled for them. I got some 3 Siglos (robusto) in a sampler and was very impressed with them.

I tend to be a cigar snob when I'm home, but there's just no point in trying to enjoy a good one out here on the open ocean. On very rare occasions we'll hit a dead calm, but those are too few and far between.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
It's not complex, nor a good looking stick (spotty). But it has a certain profile that I liked. Toasty, roasted nuts through the nose, coffee, cocoa and leather for the most part. The usual pepper and hints of cocoa at the start, the build towards more coffee, and leather through 2/3 and the leathery spice ending. It's done by the book and isn't spectacular by any means.

But if that's down your alley, you can't go wrong for the price. I had the torp's but atm the panchos (5.5in x 52ring) are selling on CI for 30.00$ per 20 bundle.

edit: I liked the vintage 2002 better for .50 if we're being nitpicks. JMO
So you're saying there's nothing special about the vintage 2002? I've never had one!:)