What's new

Torano Signature Robusto

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I did this a little while ago for CW. Posting it now because I smoked a Tribute today and wanted to compare. Tribute review to follow.

Torano Signature Robusto
Orgin: Dominican Republic
Size: 5" x 50 ring
Price: $3.09(best box price I could find quickly divided by 25)
Total smoke time: approx 1-1.5 hours

This cigar has a beautiful presentation with a double band of Bronze and White with the Torano Castle Crest in Green. The second band has Carlos Torano's Signature in Bronze as well. The foot is wrapped in a very glossy cedar leaving about 1/2 inch of the gorgeous oily looking, slightly toothy wrapper. There were a few veins visible on the wrapper, but far from detracting from the visual presentation, I believe they added to the beauty. This is all topped off by a well applied double cap.

Simply a shame to clip this beauty, but I didn't get them to look at!

The Xicar clipped the head evenly and the pre draw light was on the slightly loose side with a sweet tobacco taste. The foot toasted evenly first draw was pure heaven. Earth, Dark Chocolate and Leather. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

One or two touch-ups were necessary, but I'll put that down to not letting these rest long enough after receiving. The volume of smoke was just amazing. I've had quite a few smokes that were somewhat stingy on smoke, but not these little dark beauties. From the first puff to the last I got all the smoke I could handle.
These tastes remained through the first 2/3rds of the cigar at which point, I hate to say, I was interrupted and had to lay this baby to rest.

Without a doubt this one will be a regular. Can't wait to nub the next one.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
This line is a favotite of mine. I have had several and they are why I say the Toranos make cigars as good as anybody else. Great looking cigars that taste great at an affordable price. What a combo.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i just got a box of these and cant beleive what an awesome smoke for the money. cant say enough about this litte jewel other than i need to find another box!!!!

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Chinkowski said:
i just got a box of these and cant beleive what an awesome smoke for the money. cant say enough about this litte jewel other than i need to find another box!!!!
And I need to give a few to my good friend sucol ... :smt008 !

BTW, another very nice review :)