What's new

Toronto HERF: Saturday, July 28th

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Our annual Toronto HERF will be on Saturday, July 28th

Here are the details that I pulled off the original board.

LMK if you can attend.

Regards

A

Unofficial FOH Toronto Mega-Herf II Details:

Date: Saturday July 28, 2012.
Official Mega Herf time: 5PM & onwards.
Venue: The Mambo Lounge. 120 Danforth Ave. Toronto.
Cost: $80 (includes taxes & gratuities)

Greetings all.

What's included: (aka what do I get for $80?)

Exclusive use of the Mambo Lounge from 1PM - Closing (FYI. We "closed" @ 3:15AM last year). We have the whole place to ourselves. Inside and out. Drop in for a drink, lunch and a smoke, maybe take a walk and then come back for the "official" start. Or just stay there all day if you wish.

starting at 5pm
Cuban Tapas
Cuban Carnivale dinner (see below for details)
Cuban entertainment. Music and dancing.
Toronto Mega-Herf T-Shirt (courtesy of Czar/FOH)
Swag bag (courtesy of La Casa Del Habanos).
One complimentary cigar

Mega Herf Itinerary: 5PM and onwards.

Be on time in order to take advantage of all the goodies.

5:00PM: Official Toronto Mega Herf start.

5:30PM: Tapas will be served.

6:00PM: Doors will close. Please ensure you are in by this time at the very latest. The Mambo is going to close the doors to ensure no walk-in's from the street occur. This is for our sake. We're going to have all kinds of valuables laying around so locking the door is going to help prevent theft. If you are in dire straits and will be late, I will provide a few cell #'s you can call so we can meet you at the door. But please, do try to get in by 6PM at the latest.

7:30PM: Dinner will be served. It will be a Cuban Carnivale style buffet. Just like last year.

After dinner: Cigar smoking to your heart's content!! (NOTE: So there's no confusion. You can smoke all you want from 1PM to close) Walk around, get to catch up with old friend and meet new ones. And definitely stop by the auction and prize table.

10:00PM: "Last Call" for silent auctions & raffles.

10:30PM: The conclusion of silent auctions & raffles.

The menu includes:
Mains:
Cuban style, whole roasted pig
Chicken
Salmon

Side Dishes:
rice, beans, salad, congri, steamed vegetables, plantains and yuca

Entertainment:
We will have live music. Cuban guitar whiz Elmer Ferrer will play three sets throughout the night.

Also, a lovely Cuban dancer will make the rounds.

Auctions & Prizes:

We are going to be conducting silent auctions for various cigars and cigar related items. I will be putting out a call for donations shortly. All proceeds will go to charity. The charity of choice will be the same as last year. The Nicaraguan Mission. See here for details.

There will also be a few raffles. Auction and raffle details will be posted in a separate thread. We will be looking for folks to donate cigars and cigar related items to go towards the charity.

Getting to the Mambo Lounge:

Address: 120 Danforth Ave. Toronto.
Phone:416.778.7004
e-mail:info@mambocubano.ca

Closest Major Intersection: Broadview and Danforth If you're taking the subway, get off Broadview Station, then head east on Danforth. The Mambo Lounge is on the north side.

Hotels:
The Toronto HERF rate at the Park Hyatt is $165.00. Please PM Art (aka maverickdrinker) directly for further details.If you prefer to book your own hotel, please do so. Feel free to ask us any questions on where to stay, what to do, etc.

Next steps:

Herf Payment

Pleae PM me if you want to attend with your email address and screen name.

Please pay in advance. Your payment is your commitment to attend and secure your "spot" No cash at the door.

Please pay before Tuesday, July 24th, 2012.

Once you've paid, your name will be on the confirmed list of attendees. Everyone who arrives will be asked for their name, handed a name tag and welcomed in.

We hope to see everyone there on July 28th.

The Toronto MegaHerf II Team

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
My plane lands at 4:30pm, if I have no delays. Any way I can pay when and if I get there? I would hate to commit and get delayed when I change planes in Chicago You know how that goes.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Just checked saw that the entertainment (band AND dancer) will not be performing :frown:
Price per head goes down to $65 as a result. Everything else pretty much looks the same.

As for which BOTL's are going so far it's:
- maverickdrinker
- me/stogiecidal
- JNT
- wilfredsimpson

Now I know B2/Brent said he's working and unable to attend but he did say he would try to get off to play a round.....I read it as he'll be able to make the herf too :) Will reach out and see what he says.

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Just checked saw that the entertainment (band AND dancer) will not be performing :frown:
Price per head goes down to $65 as a result. Everything else pretty much looks the same.
I can't do much about the band at this late date, but they don't call me Magic Mike for nothing...get your dollars bills out ya'll!

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Btw, thanks for the tip on the course Art. I liked Copper Creek so much I played 36 holes today! Awesome course!

Yes that is a par 3!

Shot an 82 & an 89.

Last edited: