What's new

Tower humi help

Rating - 98.7%
91   1   2
Have a tower humi w/ 2 of the smaller Oasis humidifiers. I figured I'd put one on the bottom and one in the middle. My issue is the humidity in the middle and top are fine and the bottom humidifier is almost constantly running. I also have a few pounds of KL spread about the humidor.

Should I take the humidifier from the middle and put it down the bottom or leave it alone?

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Mine is set up with 1 on the top shelf and one on the bottom... Been working really well for me that way... Pretty consistent in the entire cabinet

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here is some good news...KL can be used with great results and you can put a pound on each level...or more. KL gives you great results because it is so inexpensive and you can use a ton of it. If one level isn't giving you enough RH...spray a bit more DW on it. Put the KL in a shallow receptacle so that you have more surface area shown...then spritz about 5 or 6 times if you are using a pound of it. Check the next day to see what your RH is...if you are still too low then spritz again. See how much you have gained from the first spritz where you sprayed over it 5 or 6 times...then you will have your math down as to how much to spray again. Example...if those 5 sprays raised your RH 4% and you were at 60%...then you know that 5 sprays equals 5% and you'd be at 65%....that's where I like my cigars.