What's new

Toyota Recall!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This is why they almost went bankrupt last last year. Following GM's lead down the craphole.
:scratchhe I dont believe Toyota was ever close to bankruptcy. Toyota took a hit from a considerable decrease in sales but was never near the point of bankruptcy. GM's situation, though influenced by the economical downturn and sales slump, was overwhelmingly the outcome of decades of mismanagement.

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
When Toyota wasn't worried about being the largest car maker in the world they built quality automobiles. Now I think they're quality went way down, I personally think they're junk and would never buy one. My mom has an 07 Rav4 the motor went at around 50k and they wouldn't warranty it.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
What a day yesterday, the GF took the 98 Tacoma PU 4x4 to muffler shop to get fix, as they were looking for the rattle, they discover the cab mount, & transmition mounts, were all rusted and in very bad shape, cab was sitting on the frame with no bushings. We I said to self hell yes we lived in MN for 9 year, we r going to have a lil rust built up, I took a look…..OMFG and I was driving this thing across country.
Well we took it to the dealership yesterday afternoon, This shop said this is in very bad shape, and to take it to body shop, because the frame is cracking and very compromised
( unsafe to drive) WTF does that mean.......

We come home and both of us were researching on the Net, and guess what we found where a extended warranty was give to Tacoma PU , it fit the year, make , model and VIN #. after feather inspection there was a recall that was never sent to public back in 1995 about rust damage on Tacoma PU and to watch all PU in the heavy snow country.....mmmmm we kept digging and found were people were getting there PU’s replace, and bought back, OMFG , now I’m not one to take advantage, but the SOB knew this was a bad frame problem……….

We called the dealership and read this to them, emailed all the info we had found, then we asked , what r u going to do about this recall that wasn’t issued, He said we will call u back......So at 5:00 last nite we were called, they said bring the truck in, take all items out that r yours , we have to destroy this PU, This morning a rental was given to us at Toyota cost, and in two week we will have a check in hand ( now like I said this is a 1998 Tacoma PC 4x4 with over 109275 miles) they r buying it back from us double what it is worth. the least we will get as per the store Mgr is $15,000 We signed all the papers, everything looks in order, and we have lots of peoples names and phone #’s
So folks if u have a 1995-2001 Toyota PU there is a extended warranty of 15 years on the frame and they will replace or buy back all PU fitting the issue…..If any of u want the web site or the info let me know ……………..

I just glad that we found it, and no one was hurt.... I’m pissed at Toyota they didn’t issue recall, I’m excited of a new vehicle , I’m pissed cuz we luv that truck and we were going to drive it till the wheel off it……

Now i'm going to vent!!!
Just another note, I was talking to the main Service Mgr. It seems that all the vehicles that Toyota is recalling, were ALL made in the USA, none of the Toyota's from overseas were recalled......Know doesn't that get u to thinking .............grrrrrrrrrrrr

HEAD UP OUT THERE....

BradMc

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Brad hell of a deal there. I think Greg got the same deal, IIRC. Get you something you want.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I drive a 1992 Toyota Pickup. It has over 260,000 miles on it. Most dependable truck, no major repairs needed since I bought it brand new. I guess these recalls say something about how quality isn't what it used to be....

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
When Toyota wasn't worried about being the largest car maker in the world they built quality automobiles. Now I think they're quality went way down, I personally think they're junk and would never buy one. My mom has an 07 Rav4 the motor went at around 50k and they wouldn't warranty it.
You mean YOU did not choose to warranty it when you bought the car!

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I drive a 1992 Toyota Pickup. It has over 260,000 miles on it. Most dependable truck, no major repairs needed since I bought it brand new. I guess these recalls say something about how quality isn't what it used to be....
No, its not what is used to be. The problem is that Toyota had enormous pressures to put out quality vehicles while trying to keep their costs low. They lost sight of their original values in their pursuit for market share. Plain simply, they took too many shortcuts in the manufacturing of their vehicles and starting doing things of the companies they disdained (putting out too many vehicles, overestimating demand for trucks)- i.e. GM.

That said, I drive a Toyota Matrix. I love my car and have had zero issues in the 7 years I've owned it. Would I buy another Toyota? - Yes, but only after they address their QC issues with their current production.

Regards,
Randy

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
No, its not what is used to be. The problem is that Toyota had enormous pressures to put out quality vehicles while trying to keep their costs low. They lost sight of their original values in their pursuit for market share. Plain simply, they took too many shortcuts in the manufacturing of their vehicles and starting doing things of the companies they disdained (putting out too many vehicles, overestimating demand for trucks)- i.e. GM.

That said, I drive a Toyota Matrix. I love my car and have had zero issues in the 7 years I've owned it. Would I buy another Toyota? - Yes, but only after they address their QC issues with their current production.

Regards,
Randy
Good point Randy, will I get another Toyota ? well most likely, we asked the dealer, after findout out this about my truck, and seeing all the bad press, tell me, show me , convince me Y I should go back to Toyota...

U know I will have every warranty known to Toyota, that is one thing I will push , and They will pay for it (Keep the customer happy) Like I said I'm not one to take advantage, but u know I will get what I can on this next deal