What's new

Travel Case Seasoning?

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I just got the big 40 ct for my trip to Maine coming up. I will be gone for approx 10 or so days. I will have it pretty much full. I know in my little one, I don't put any Bovedas in, but for this one, I think should. How many would you put in for the 40 ct?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few of these, a fiver and also a two which stays in my vehicle glovebox. In Arkansas, it stays hot and humid over the summer months but using one humicare pouch I have preserved a "just in case" cigar well for a two week period. I keep some matches and a punch cutter in the glovebox too so I am always prepared, even when I'm not!

I leave my cases opened when not using, and smell is not an issue.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
...but using one humicare pouch I have preserved a "just in case" cigar well for a two week period.
I'd definitely recommend the 4-gram Boveda packs over the humicare water pillows. The humicare pillows work like the gel or solution, they simply release rH. And if you have an airtight container like the Herfador, it's going to cause the rH to be way too high before long. The Bovedas will keep things even.

I have a 5-cigar Herfador and keep it in my car. I rotate four cigars in there and smoke one every Thursday on my way home, so cigars might end up staying in there for a month or two, depending on which one I pick to smoke in a given week. Since I put the 4-gram Boveda in there, not a single problem with any of them, flavor or burn!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd definitely recommend the 4-gram Boveda packs over the humicare water pillows.
I hadn't actually thought about that, I only had the humicare pillows because ccom ships them to me with my orders - may look into the Boveda packs now as a result. I keep a few cigars at my girlfriends place in a plastic baggie too and I imagine they would help there also. Thanks!

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I'm a wood turner so for my travel case I turned a few dummy cigars out of some Spanish cedar. Not sure if it "seasoned" it but they help to take up some of the extra space. When I'm not using the case I store them in my humidor so they they help hold a nice bit of humidity
Care to make a few more? :D

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm a wood turner so for my travel case I turned a few dummy cigars out of some Spanish cedar. Not sure if it "seasoned" it but they help to take up some of the extra space. When I'm not using the case I store them in my humidor so they they help hold a nice bit of humidity
Care to make a few more? :D
You bet shoot me a pm with your addy and ill make up a few more. I have a few parts due in tomorrow for my lathe

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
I put sticks in there, that takes the plastic smell out (but then again, I'm olfactorally (sp?) challenged.)
Agree and I just put sticks in there with no humidification...if it was bigger and they would be in there over a week then I do. But IMO dry boxing them for the period of time seems to do them better than using a humi pack. Even small packs make the cigars too spongie for my liking