What's new

Travel Humidor Review: GRAMMWorks 7" Humidor Tube

SaltyDog

Stogie Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are like me, you can never have enough cigar accessories--especially travel storage for the smokes. We have all seen the different hard plastic humidors with the foam inserts inside but there is a humidor out there with a tougher exterior, built-in hygrometer and Boveda pack storage. Feel free to check out the full review with background, pics, etc. here: http://www.stogieaddict.com/accessories/gramm-works-tube/

GRAMM Works 7" Humidor Tube | Overall Score: 4.6/5

Department of Defense contracted manufacturer by day, luxury cigar accessory pioneer by night. GRAMM Works is all about quality, durability, and practicality. Coming in at either 6 or 7 inches, the Tube humidor is crafted out of aircraft-grade aluminum to provide a light travel humidor with a tough shell. The total length of the 7″ tube sits near 8.5″ with both caps on, allowing a churchill-sized cigar to fit inside the tube.

The inner lining of the tube is covered in a Spanish Cedar wrap to produce the a terrific aroma and help create a humid environment for the storage of the cigars. The tube humidor is large enough to house approx. 5 robusto cigars at 50 ring gauge each. Personally, I like to fill this humidor with 4 to 5 smokes at a time since anything less may give the cigars too much room to bounce around, potentially damaging them. If I am looking to bring just a couple of cigars out of cellophane, this isn’t the humidor to travel with but lucky for us, GRAMM Works makes smaller and individual cigar tubes for travel.

Covering the tube on both ends aren’t just normal caps, but enthusiast caps. The cap on the bottom has vented storage for a small Boveda pack that is included with the humidor. The top cap doubles as an 8-lipped cigar stand and an analog hygrometer. The cigar stand comes in handy when you need to set your cigar down away from an ash tray. When your cigars are in travel storage, the analog hygrometer displays the current relative humidity in the tube. With the Boveda pack secured on the bottom cap and the hygrometer on the top, this tube creates the perfect, stable environment for your cigar storage with optimal protection and a great seal.

Lastly, the enthusiast cap comes with a carabiner/bottle opener hybrid. Now, keeping track of the tube is as easy as clipping it onto your belt loop. This has to be the first humidor I have seen that comes with a bottle opener. Not only is this humidor the whole package but GRAMM Works can even personalize your tube. Create a humidor that is just for you with precise laser engraving.

Being on the customer side of an order with GRAMM Works has shown me how incredible the customer service is with this company. When trying to create a custom laser-engraved tube, these guys worked with me until I was 100% satisfied with the product. While some may see the $80 price tag on this custom-built humidor a little steep, this tube is an investment that will supplement any cigar smokers accessory arsenal for quite some time.