What's new

Travel Mug Suggestions

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Anyone got a good mug for coffee or tea that will keep it hot for a long time? I've got three, and honestly they're all disappointments.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
thermos model SK1005. 16oz that keeps SCREAMING hot for about three hours, and passably warm overnight. also, the seal rocks, you can hold it UPSIDE DOWN and it won't drip.

think i found mine at wally world? best $60 i have spent on coffee in a while (bought three to rotate).

only down side is the paint job will not last. but it's stainless underneath, so you have a well used zippo look afterwards. o)

EDIT: amazon search, and for $25 a pop it still rocks!
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=thermos+sk1005&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=8035870764&hvpos=1s1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1762304335922116041&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_2muz13l1dt_e

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357843576.815673.jpg This is the best coffee mug I have ever used. It has a lid that will not spill when tightened in a briefcase or when clipped using the carabiner on the handle. The sucker makes the coffee hotter than when it comes out of the pot. I know it sounds like I work for Stanley...I don't, but I use this one and its brother daily. I bought it at Dicks Sporting Goods. Hope this helps.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
thermos model SK1005. 16oz that keeps SCREAMING hot for about three hours, and passably warm overnight. also, the seal rocks, you can hold it UPSIDE DOWN and it won't drip.
think i found mine at wally world? best $60 i have spent on coffee in a while (bought three to rotate).
only down side is the paint job will not last. but it's stainless underneath, so you have a well used zippo look afterwards. o)
EDIT: amazon search, and for $25 a pop it still rocks!
http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=thermos sk1005&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=8035870764&hvpos=1s1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1762304335922116041&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&ref=pd_sl_2muz13l1dt_e
I saw this Thermos tumbler show up highly recommended on a number of coffee threads here, and when my father recently mentioned he was unhappy with the ones he and my mom had, the BOTL in me jumped in to action!

They seem to be readily available at the $25 mark, and I found a coupon code (PRESENT1) for $15 off a $75 purchase for this shop: http://www.zoro.com/i/G4390224/
Had to add a couple dollar item to get over the $75 threshold, but ended up getting three (one for myself as well) essentially for less than $20/ea.
So far, all the praise holds up. The coffee stays HOT, the lid doesn't leak, and it's easy to open and close with one hand. Bravo, Thermos!
I'm excited to bring the others to my parents and surprise them! :D

I'll post another picture down the road when the paint starts peeling and I go all stainless with it...

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I saw this Thermos tumbler show up highly recommended on a number of coffee threads here, and when my father recently mentioned he was unhappy with the ones he and my mom had, the BOTL in me jumped in to action!

They seem to be readily available at the $25 mark, and I found a coupon code (PRESENT1) for $15 off a $75 purchase for this shop: http://www.zoro.com/i/G4390224/
Had to add a couple dollar item to get over the $75 threshold, but ended up getting three (one for myself as well) essentially for less than $20/ea.
So far, all the praise holds up. The coffee stays HOT, the lid doesn't leak, and it's easy to open and close with one hand. Bravo, Thermos!
I'm excited to bring the others to my parents and surprise them! :D

I'll post another picture down the road when the paint starts peeling and I go all stainless with it...
these^^^^ I've grabbed them at Ross for 10 bucks ish plus tax...these will not fail you...I use my everyday traveling to and from school/hospitals encountered multiple drops etc....good looking out @cgraunke

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Whoa! What/where is Ross?! Here I thought I got a deal...
Man, I don't know if its a Texas thing I think they are nationwide, they get all the overstock/didnt sell clothes,shoes,housewares,etc from multiple stores...personally the mugs/ceramic ware is where I seem to win and save there along with my Yankee fitted 59firfty hats for 5-10 bucks....I'm cheap so I can buy sticks :D

http://www.rossstores.com

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I'll have to check the Ross out here in Cali, wife will kill me if I bring home another mug but oh well. haha

I buy the cheap ones at 7-11 stores out here, they are $1.80 or so and only a $1 to fill up. They keep things warm for about an hour or so.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I'll have to check the Ross out here in Cali, wife will kill me if I bring home another mug but oh well. haha
lol, thats an issue in this house too....space...transparently It has been my fault to leave them in the texas heat in the car...not a pretty sight or smell

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
If you're looking for something cheaper this suggestion isn't for you but if you just concerned with how well it works check out the Yeti. It's pricey but the thing is amazing. I've filled it up at 5pm and the next day after noon it still is holding ice in a room temp setting. It's crazy

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0