What's new

Travel torch.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Ok so most of us know that TSA scrutiny for torch lighters can be inconsistent. But as a rule torch lighters aren't permitted in carry on and only if empty in checked bags. You are allowed one soft flame lighter in your carry on. A buddy of mine from turned me on to these.

Uses a standard soft flame lighter inserted inside to turn it into a torch. Check out the pics below.

Lol almost forgot. $20 on Amazon

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Ok so most of us know that TSA scrutiny for torch lighters can be inconsistent. But as a rule torch lighters aren't permitted in carry on and only if empty in checked bags. You are allowed one soft flame lighter in your carry on. A buddy of mine from turned me on to these.

Uses a standard soft flame lighter inserted inside to turn it into a torch. Check out the pics below.

Lol almost forgot. $20 on Amazon
I used one of these on a recent trip and it was fantastic. Lighters on the carry on and assembly in the toiletry bag. No issues both ways and I have even had it with me on a few local trips recently. Best thing ever!

I do like the one you have better than mine though. Mine seems a bit fatter but it works!

ChipS

Chip
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Thanks for the tip, I am ordering one asap. Lost 2 (cheapo) torches in the past 2 trips - TSA is getting better about identifying them. Actually chatted with the agent about cigars for a few minutes the last time - he saw my travel humidor when he was looking for something else in my bag which triggered the torch search. Kind of hard to BS him when he already knew he would probably find one!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah I remember those well... I got one like the OP's from some drug dealing girl many years ago.. used it for a long time. It actually came with one of the soft-flame lighters already inside, which actually had a refill port at the bottom. Quite handy.

Web

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Question, I thought the regular torch lighters and specifically the butane fuel, were "cleaner" or better for cigars and didn't alter the taste. I recall reading that certain matches and the standard soft flame, bic, weren't the best option for lighting cigars, especially the original Zippos. Can anyone offer any insight? If that's not the case, then I agree this is brilliant and would solve a host of issues.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Question, I thought the regular torch lighters and specifically the butane fuel, were "cleaner" or better for cigars and didn't alter the taste. I recall reading that certain matches and the standard soft flame, bic, weren't the best option for lighting cigars, especially the original Zippos. Can anyone offer any insight? If that's not the case, then I agree this is brilliant and would solve a host of issues.
Original zippo fluid mess with the flavor.
Matches, soft flame bic (etc) are fine.

Web

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Original zippo fluid mess with the flavor.
Matches, soft flame bic (etc) are fine.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the zippo fluid in the black tin/container in my pipe zippo and do not notice any flavour or taste. The original zippo fluid is quite nasty though.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
ronsoncomet.jpg Discovered these a couple of years ago....bought 10 of them as they look like a BIC but are refillable and keep using them over and over. They were at a CVS for $1 each and so far I'm still on the first one...the other 9 are waiting patiently in the 'on deck' circle.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered the torch shown by the OP. Should be here in time for my trip to Maui.

I'll share my impressions when I get a chance.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk