What's new

Trinidad Colonailes - The Bugman's Take

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
A few days ago Shawn posted a review of this cigar. I just so happen to have on in my humidor and decided to spark it up. Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate and the execution was postponed. Today was a splendid day and when I got off work, I shoveled some food down, put the kid to sleep, and headed out to the deck.

Upon inspection this cigar features a medium tan wrapper with a few sun spots. A few veins are present, but small. Seams are visible, but tight. The cap is neatly constructed and the tobacco at the foot appears nicely bunched. There is a slight, spongy give to the cigar, but no soft spots. The wrapper gives off an earthy aroma.

Scalped the cap revealing an easy draw with flavors of tobacco and slightly sweet earth.

The foot toasted easily with the flame from my Bic.

Initial flavors are a little muted I think, but are a nice slightly sweet, grassy tobacco. After the first few puffs a nice earthy, green pepper flavor develops.

The construction and burn thus far are top notch. The cigar has been churning out smoke like a freight train.

Let my mind drift off in the wisps of smoke; began to wonder about the guy that rolled this cigar and what he was thinking when he crafted it.

So far still rocking the earthy, green pepper flavor. Getting a little coffee through the nose here and there, but mostly a pleasing floral aroma. Interestingly the ambient smoke is giving off a toasted nut aroma.

Wham...just like that there is a sudden shift in the flavor profile. From an earthy, green pepper to a complex profile of coffee, hints of cinnamon, earth, and a peppery (the spice not the veggie) tingle in the back of my throat.

Approaching the end, this cigar's strength is making itself known.

Overall a nice cigar. I was worried that it would continue with the earthy, green pepper for the duration of the cigar, but it (thankfully) surprised me. I think that reading my review and Shawn's will give you a good example of how flavors can vary between two people, even for the same cigar from the same year. Big :thumbsup: to the BOTL who bombed me with this.

Dan

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Nice, I just like seeing the pic of you. :glassesgr

I don't have that size but I pick up 2 Trinis in a robusto and lancero looking on the other day in a pass. I hate to smoke them right away as they are the only 2 I got.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
:blush: Awe shucks Plush. :laugh:

Dan

Get a room, you two! :tiphat:

On a serious note, there was a guy at my B&M who was smoking these today. Tried to get him to trade a stick for one of his, but hey only had a few left from 2005. I understood.

They're still looking for the body......and will be for a long time! :smokingbo

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 20 of these from 08 and 07 recently.
Only smoked one so far and it was loud with flavors and then strength the final 3rd.
In time it should be a great smoke.
This is the size and girth i like, i know, thats what she said.

Whistlebritches

NON SIBI SED PATRIAE
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
danthebugman said

"Let my mind drift off in the wisps of smoke; began to wonder about the guy that rolled this cigar and what he was thinking when he crafted it"

For some reason I to have had similar thoughts......but I lean towards the 16 year old virgin that gently rolled it across her inner thigh upon completion.

BTW if you like this cigar you really need to try thr Trini Reyes.Even more pronounced leather and coffee yet creamy.............Well as creamy as that 16 year old virgins thigh.

Ron