What's new

Trinidad Media Luna

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Veteran's Home of Wyoming, Buffalo, Wyoming
Anyone tried the Trinidad Media Luna?

I have really enjoyed all the Trinidads I have tried, so I curious about these.

Wanted to get some opinions before purchasing as my vendor only has them in boxes of 12, and they aren't particularly cheap, but not too expensive if they are good.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I have a NOV 19 box that, when I last smoked one on 9-17-20, I did not feel that they were ready.

Yes, I keep notes on CC - so I can keep track of what needs rest and reference when it’s been long enough to try again.

FWIW, I almost always smoke one ROTT and my box of Vigia was fire from the day it arrived. The Media Luna was not... I expect they’ll be good when they’re ready, but for now, they rest.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
The high end sticks need /deserve a chance to age into something special.

It breaks my heart to think of all the young sticks being huffed down way before their time.

People in a hurry to have a good time are missing the point...........

"INSTANT GRATIFICATION TRIES MY PATIENCE "

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The high end sticks need /deserve a chance to age into something special.

It breaks my heart to think of all the young sticks being huffed down way before their time.

People in a hurry to have a good time are missing the point...........

"INSTANT GRATIFICATION TRIES MY PATIENCE "
I certainly agree.
Unfortunately due to my monthly Cigar budget and humidor space available, I really can't age any much longer than a year, which I suppose is better than nothing.

How long would you reccomend aging the Media Lunas, and what is your opinion of them?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a NOV 19 box that, when I last smoked one on 9-17-20, I did not feel that they were ready.

Yes, I keep notes on CC - so I can keep track of what needs rest and reference when it’s been long enough to try again.

FWIW, I almost always smoke one ROTT and my box of Vigia was fire from the day it arrived. The Media Luna was not... I expect they’ll be good when they’re ready, but for now, they rest.
What are you using to track your smokes?
I use the Cigar Geeks Humidor app and love it.

It tracks age for you, you can add as many humidors as you want, and also keeps track of quantity and cost, and notes can be added to each stick.

Very nice app in my opinion. Have been using it for years and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to track everything about their smokes, especially those still doing it on paper

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

What about them exactly made you feel they were not ready?

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
" What about them exactly made you feel they were not ready? "

the young taste of a CC is easy to identify.
Harsh edges, lack of harmony, poor combustion.

If I am going to burn a $17.00 stick, I want to get my $$ worth.

As soon as you smoke a well aged CC, you will understand immediately.........

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
What are you using to track your smokes?
I use the Cigar Geeks Humidor app and love it.

It tracks age for you, you can add as many humidors as you want, and also keeps track of quantity and cost, and notes can be added to each stick.

Very nice app in my opinion. Have been using it for years and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to track everything about their smokes, especially those still doing it on paper

I just use the notes app on my phone, that way it’s always on me.

I only list the ones that I feel need rest - I list them alphabetically, then add date smoked and my thoughts on it. Identify box codes for the ones I have multiple boxes.

If you were judging by a screenshot of my notes alone, it would look like CC’s are never ready to smoke - reason for this is A) when I find that a box is really popping and ready to burn, I don’t need to be reminded that they’re smoking well so I don’t bother to add to my notes - and B) some boxes are great ROTT IMO, so they don’t even get added to my list (for same reason as above - if I like them, I know it)

What about them exactly made you feel they were not ready?

They just weren’t popping for me, just didn’t feel like a $15(?) stick - of course it’s all subjective, so I’m going by what works for me - but when I’ve had great smokes from the same marca (or same cigar from different box code) that’s amazing, and then I smoke one that disappoints me, I figure the reason is likely either that my taste buds were off, (you’ll see that listed in my notes sometimes), or that for whatever reason they just need more rest. Of course some boxes are just not as good as others, but I figure rest won’t make them any worse