What's new

Troubleshooting the Perfect Draw

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
The Perfect Draw has salvaged many cigars for me. And made good cigars great cigars. However, there are times when the tool creates a tiny wind tunnel effect. The end result of this is a cigar that draws little smoke and makes a hard red cherry. I’ve tossed more than one cigar that draws fine but is frustratingly smokeless due to this.
Has anyone else experienced this?

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
DONOR
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I have not, my biggest foul has been piercing a couple wrappers on small RG cigars. Not sure what advice I could give regarding your experience. Crazy that you've experienced it multiple times as well.

cwant

DONOR
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I’ve experienced the wind tunnel effect you’re describing occasionally. It only happens when I really go deep with the tool or give it multiple passes and clear too much material. I try to use the tool as little as possible and only go and inch at most into the cap end. If the draw is still not acceptable I’ll put it back and pick something else, hoping some more rest will open them up. If I do spark one up and it performs as you describe, it usually gets tossed. One time I cut a couple inches off and relit and the it smoked much better, but I haven’t seen consistent results doing that.

Boudie

DONOR
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I understand that to get those pictures of incredibly long ash a wire is often inserted into the cigar. I wonder if you could do the same thing from the cap end, plugging the hole.