What's new

True Detectives - HBO

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
We are planning on watching it, need to put it on the agenda for this week from on-demand.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Always looking for good shows. If this one is on demand or I can stream it online I will watch this week.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Damon you HBO and all of your good shows.

Just watched the first episode and I can't wait to see the next.

I love how the story unfolds. Looks like it's going to be a good thriller.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
this show has been bad-ass so far. did anyone notice that the scene in the projects (no spoilers) in this past episode looked to be one very looooong take? hard as hell to do, and added a nail-biting sense of suspense that really sold the scene.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
this show has been bad-ass so far. did anyone notice that the scene in the projects (no spoilers) in this past episode looked to be one very looooong take? hard as hell to do, and added a nail-biting sense of suspense that really sold the scene.
I did notice that. That was amazing. The planning that must've involved...

This show is getting better and better with each episode. I can't wait to find out who is doing the killings.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got as far as episode three last night and I'm really loving it. Rust is truly a misanthrop for the modern age. Great actors both of them. The grittiness reminds me a little of the Wire which I'm now watching again after buying the box set. Got a bargain with some gift vouchers from Voucherbox. Definitely worth taking a look if you want to buy something from Amazon or other places like that. The codes for the discounts can be found here.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My wife and I are just now watching this on demand. Started watching Saturday a week ago and just watched episode 6 last night. Gotta tell you, it's very entertaining. Only two more episodes left and I don't want it to end.
The new season will start in a few weeks but with different characters/actors. I think Vince Vaughn and Colin Farrell?
HBO is getting it done!

Last edited:

Stogie_Bear

Chulo Savage
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Yeah, I really appreciate that from the start there are no illusions about the length or number of seasons for a specific character, setting or plot. There will be one season and one story for that season. Then the following season will be a different story line with different characters....

That being said.... a deep and twisted part of me wants there to be a much bigger, uglier, more demented scope for the true detective universe that we have yet to see. Maybe that's just me, though....

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
I really liked it and I'm definitely looking forward to the next season. Hopefully it will match the first season

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm curious how they're going fit all of Vaughn, McAdams, Ferrell, and Kitsch into the story. There are only 8 episodes. How are they going to develop four major characters as well as they did 2? I'm also digging the fact that you know that Vince Vaughn is the bad guy going into the season, because I have a feeling that they're going go into his motivations and story way more than they did with the killer in season 1. I felt a little cheated by that in season 1.