What's new

Tsuge Pipe Tobacco

Doc Sixstring

Patience and practice
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard they're pretty bad, but I wish they were available in Canada because I'd love to get those tins.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
FYI: Tsuge and Drew Estate pipe tobaccos are repackaged Lane Blends. For the name on the tin, you get to pay more. Go buy the Lane equivalents and save some $.
Ha! I knew it. Had my first bowl of Tsuge Ryujin from the god series tonight and I thought this tastes a lot like Crown Achievement. Interesting.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
FYI: Tsuge and Drew Estate pipe tobaccos are repackaged Lane Blends. For the name on the tin, you get to pay more. Go buy the Lane equivalents and save some $.
Ha! I knew it. Had my first bowl of Tsuge Ryujin from the god series tonight and I thought this tastes a lot like Crown Achievement. Interesting.
The old blends from the first release were from Lane. The new God Series are from Daughters & Ryan and its actually pretty good. I am not an aro fan so I can't say anything about the Seasons and am not sure if it's done by Lane.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
where did you get the info that DE pipe tobacco was re-packaged Lane?

I feel burned now LOL. On my last order I threw in 2 tins of DE to try. I love what they're doing with cigars, figured I'd give their pipe tobacco a try.

Thanks!

The_Rev

Chaplain of Saints and Sinners
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Let's just say I know a guy who knows a guy and that's basically what the DE pipe tobaccos are. Maybe a little tweak here and there but that's it.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
where did you get the info that DE pipe tobacco was re-packaged Lane?

I feel burned now LOL. On my last order I threw in 2 tins of DE to try. I love what they're doing with cigars, figured I'd give their pipe tobacco a try.

Thanks!
The original release says on the back of the tin I think. Depends on which one you ordered though now. I reluctantly opened my sample from the pipe show and enjoyed it. Then I found out it was because they were no longer done by Lane. I have never had any other Daughters & Ryan blends though but I'm curious now.

The_Rev

Chaplain of Saints and Sinners
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
The original release says on the back of the tin I think. Depends on which one you ordered though now. I reluctantly opened my sample from the pipe show and enjoyed it. Then I found out it was because they were no longer done by Lane. I have never had any other Daughters & Ryan blends though but I'm curious now.
I can't reveal my source and I'm not just saying it to be coy. But it's legit. That said, Lane produces for people other than DE and I'm sure those blends bear similarities to existing Lane blends.

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I'll send you a pic when I get home but the new tins have D&R on them, I'm 99% sure. It would be odd that Lane would produce for D&R and then D&R would resell that blend for DE but you never know. Either way it's definitely light years above the original blends as far as the God Series.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I'm interested in both lines (the seasons and the God series) but *only* because of the tins. The tobacco inside (particularly the seasons aro line) has had mediocre reviews so I can't say I am all that interested in the actual baccy

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Okay, here is the pics.
This is the original Meat Pie, this was manufactured by Lane Ltd which is stamped on the tin.

This is the new God Series which is manufactured by Daughters and Ryan which is stamped below as well.

As far as the new aros I'm not sure.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Okay, here is the pics.
This is the original Meat Pie, this was manufactured by Lane Ltd which is stamped on the tin.

This is the new God Series which is manufactured by Daughters and Ryan which is stamped below as well.

As far as the new aros I'm not sure.
Thanks for the info mate. I still found it to be a lot like lane limited anyhow.

The Tsuge Ryujin is really enjoyable, and has that same woodfire smoke flavor that the Lane Ltd Crown Achievement and Lane Ltd BS-005 (to a lesser extent). If you like Lane Ltd, worth trying the god series IMO.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Ok, old AF thread... But has anyone found a replacement for DE Meat Pie?
Just tried a bowl and really enjoyed it.. figures, seeing that it's discontinued! Lol