What's new

Turkey Breast what to do?

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Ok I thought I was deep frying a whole turkey tomorrow but looks the MIL only has me a turkey Breast to cook(they are doing the 20lb in the oven). So should I still fry it or try something on the grill? Looking for input and ideas.

Thanks,

John

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
slow smoked turkey breast on the grill rocks... I think thats the route I would go...

will take a bit longer than deep frying... but I think would be worth it...

use a semi sweet glaze... starting about half way through the smoking process...... yum!

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
slow smoked turkey breast on the grill rocks... I think thats the route I would go...

use a semi sweet glaze... starting about half way through the smoking process...... yum!

I will look into this, but I only have gas grill.

Thanks,

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I agree on the whole brining thing.....turkey breast is pretty easy to over cook....but be warned tons of them are already sold pre-brined......so don't need to brine twice!

I will look into this, but I only have gas grill.

Thanks,

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
I agree with smoking it; shouldn't take very long.
But how to smoke it on a gas grill
A lot of gas grills come with a box for wood chips. If not, you can soak some chips or chunks and make a foil pouch, several layers thick, and place it close to the burners. Just be sure there is some ventilation so the smoke can pass through.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Apple cider, water, sugar and salt brine. Tarragon, thyme, and roasted garlic puree compound butter loaded under the skin. Oven-sear it and then cut down the temperature low and slow. Internal temperature of 165. Rest for ten minutes. Fantastic...one of a million ways to use the breast.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
If the breast has had "Solution added" do not add more salt or you'll be sorry. Check the package.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
Thanks for the ideas guys, going with just my dry rub and do g beer can turkey beast on the grill. I will, try and take pictures.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Thanks for the ideas guys, going with just my dry rub and do g beer can turkey beast on the grill. I will, try and take pictures.
Are you going to use the foil pouch smoking method? I would be interested in knowing how it turns out.