What's new

Turkish Coffee?

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Anybody ever had Turkish coffee?
My best friend's dad works for an oil company in Saudi Arabia, and they visit him a couple times a year. Apparently Turkish coffee is spectacular.
Anyone had it before? Anyone make it regularly? I'm thinking of buying some Turkish coffee and an ibrik and experimenting with it a bit...

TYLER

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Turkish coffee made right has some killer taste! I haven't busted mine out in awhile because my better half complains about the smell (She doesn't do coffee at all).

It takes a couple of tries to get it right, but wheen you do, it's an awesome thing!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Turkish is one method of brewing coffee that I haven't tried but an ibrik is on my wishlist.
I may not like it though, since as I understand it, it is brewed with sugar. I generally don't like sugar in coffee.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I had coffee at the turkish restaurant but I don't think they used very good coffee. It was good, but I wonder how it would be with some fresh authentic stuff.

I like vietnamese coffee with the gravity filtration thing and condensed milk, thats yummy

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
A brewing style versus a specific bean. Usually served very strong and very sweet.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
We had like 4 cups a day when we all went to go see our friend ROny in Cyprus/Lebanon! Let me tell ya it is strong stuff but after trying to keep up with is 'tour' schedual (that would be herfing for 22 hours a day) we needed every drop of it Lol.

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
119   0   0
ooh.... .I wasn't paying attention... Turkish is a "style" not a bean, well...

I need to actually read I guess

R

RX2010

Rating - 100%
119   0   0
thanks, just two more tests and I can relax for a week, then 4 weeks of hell to finish the semester

I'll probably be needing a bit of coffee over the next few weeks

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've been a Turkish coffee drinker since my teens (family from Eastern Europe). Recently purchased a Beko coffee machine, and holy shit it made the perfect cup (creme is like sweet cream). Anyone else use a Beko?

I also roast (weekly) and grind (daily using a hand mill) the bean (low acidity Ethiopian or Brazilian). What other bean origins would Turkish coffee drinkers would recommend?