What's new

Turning cigars?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I have read that it doesn't matter.

If you look at my most recent humidor pics you'll see mine never have a chance to sit too long...I'm kinda OC about keeping them organized.:smokingco

smokem94

BoM Sept. 05
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Roxborough Park CO, Soon to be Wapiti, Wyoming
Wasch_24 said:
Why would the singles be rotated Mike? Just wondering.
I guess I was a little vague.....what I was refering to is my singles drawer in the Avallo. It is at the top of the humi and the humidification (bottles and fans) come from the bottom. I would think this would allow for a somewhat uneven humidification of the cigar through the slots at the bottom of the drawer tray??????? :scratchhe
I think it is more of my anal nature than anything else. :stretchgr

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
I'm kinda OC about keeping them organized.:smokingco
:nodlaugh:

With as much activity you do (trades, bombs, etc) I was suprised how well organized your humidor is. I still think you must have a hidden humidor built into one of your walls somewhere. :rolling:

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I never thought I would find a bite me in this thread. Nice work Dave.

Back on topic.

I keep mine in order based on length and do rotate them so the label is readable. But if they get moved around and the labels get turned it is no big deal.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
eric_f said:
Hot dogs on a grill style!
This is what I thought you meant. Some people believe that turning cigars is a necessary thing so that the cigars burn even. The theory is that the moisture in the cigars sinks to the bottom, and therefore burn uneven. This is a bunch of hooey in my opinion. I keep my cigars in boxes in coolers. Many of them I don't touch for a few years, and the burn on them is great IF the construction is good. There is absolutely NO NEED to do this.

In fact, I have been making a concentrated effort to touch my cigars as little as possible. The more you handle them, the more oil from the cigar goes onto your finger, and therefore changes the aging of that cigar. This is my theory, but it seems to make sense to me. Plus, the more you handle a cigar, the more likely it is the wrapper will be damaged.