What's new

Type of lighter or spark device and why?

Spark of Choice

• Single torch

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Double torch

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • Triple torch

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • flame

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • cedar strip

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Creme brulee torch

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Xikar Exodus Soft Flame...love this lighter as it works like a single flame torch and is wind resistant w/lifetime warranty. When the wind is too much I carry a Ronson.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
I have everything except a soft flame as 99% of my smoking is outside. I have single, double, triple, and even a 5 jet flame thrower that looks like a light-saber. My most dependable one is my Xikar 2 torch.

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
Xikar Exodus Soft Flame...love this lighter as it works like a single flame torch and is wind resistant w/lifetime warranty. When the wind is too much I carry a Ronson.

I had one of these but I could never get it to work too well outside (wind resistant my ass :blush:) . I sent it back.

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
Always a soft flame. I never torch my cigars. Nice low heat flame is the best. The exodus soft flame with the torch ignition is nice because you get the benefit of a soft flame and the benefit of it being wind proof (to some degree)

Slidzero

Belicoso Brother
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The best lighter I have ever owned is the ST Dupont MaxiJet. Its a little expensive for a lighter but luckily I was gifted it. The torch isn't too powerful and hot and the fuel lasts forever. I guess the French are good for something...

Slidzero

Belicoso Brother
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have found that I like a single torch, do I own any...nope :hanghead:. I usually use a Bic unless I'm with someone who has a butane. Still on the hunt for a Ronson, but it seems no one in the area has any...will probably have to resort to the internet :dunno:. I also haven't fully decided on if I want to get a butane insert for my Zippo...oh how I miss my Zippo :crytears:.

Dan
I say go for the insert. Its only like $10 and they are pretty realible in my experience. I have had mine for almost 2 years with no problems.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Ohhhhh, my wife would love that second one!! :devil:
:laugh: Don't knock it too much, holds plenty of gas and has been reliable. Plus it was on sale at my B&M for 50% off. :smokingbo

Last edited:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I will use any type of flame, but prefer a torch. I have several single, several double and a couple big triple torches. For large RG smokes the triple torch is awesome. Not sure who said they get hot enough to change the flavor, but I disagree. The reason I say that is that if used properly a torch’s flame should never touch the foot of the cigar. The heat from the torch will toast the foot from an inch away. Once the foot has a nice dark char, you can move it a bit closer, to get it burning. I’ll stop and blow on the cherry to make sure it is evenly lit. Very rarely do I draw on my cigar during the lighting process. The foot is a nice glow before I ever put my lips on it. Of course if you stick a 2500 degree flame up against the tobacco I could see how that might change something.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
I use a zplus in an Aube Embers faux-Zippo case.

I like that I finally have a use for the faux-zip, but the zplus inserts are kind of shitty. This insert I have now, doesn't work right and I got it 2 weekends ago...
I say go for the insert. Its only like $10 and they are pretty realible in my experience. I have had mine for almost 2 years with no problems.
This is why I haven't pulled the trigger yet, they seem pretty inconsistent :dunno:.

Dan

boomerd35

Living La Vida Smoka
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I won a free Colibri triple flame this year (from the new line), and I'm surprised it's working top notch after several months of near daily use. And I don't know why, but it seems to light a cigar faster than my other triple flame lighters.