What's new

Ummm, wow.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Linkage

A 10-year-old Florida girl faces felony weapons charges after bringing a small steak knife to school to cut up her lunch, according to a report on WFTV.com.....

The girl now faces a felony charge for possessing a weapon on school property and has been suspended from school for 10 days. The parents of the girl could not be reached for comment, WFTV.com reported.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I know schools have a zero-tolerence policy for this and it was rather stupid to bring a regular knife ... but IMO, the penalty far outweighs the "crime" in this incident.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Dude that's F^ckin rediculous. A warning would have been sufficient. I got suspended for a knife in 7th grade and had to go to the bad kids school for 6 weeks, but I had a butterfly knife and was whipping it around when the coach walked in. This girl wanted to cut up her lunch.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
drug dogs alerted to a vehicle "off campus". kid opened the car, and school staff searched. found marijuana, paraphernalia, and a small 2" locking blade pocket knife. i refused to charge him for the knife (which would have been a felony). do the words "common sense" many anything?

it'll be interesting to see if this goes through, with the vehicle being off campus to begin with,,,, however, the "safe schools" statute (PC 626) states a 1000 feet radius around the school.

fortunately as well, CA has a law (PC 26) that states someone under the age of 14 is not culpable of committing a crime (we have to prove they knew... which isn't very difficult). the letter of the law vs. the spirit of the law. stoopid!!

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
well there was also that case were they tried to charge a five year old for taking a platic knife from the cafetiria after lunch with having a weapon. some things in this world are just so rediculous

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Look guys, you all need to calm down. Everyone knows that a tactical black Spork can be fitted with a telescopic handle, bayonet lug, and flash hider and can easily become a deadly assault weapon in the hands of a trained 5 year old. Those kids are all violent criminals and I feel they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Lethal injection would be too humane for those little monsters. I say give 'em the chair!

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Look guys, you all need to calm down. Everyone knows that a tactical black Spork can be fitted with a telescopic handle, bayonet lug, and flash hider and can easily become a deadly assault weapon in the hands of a trained 5 year old. Those kids are all violent criminals and I feel they should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Lethal injection would be too humane for those little monsters. I say give 'em the chair!

That's nothing you should see what my three year old can do with a crayon.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
They're trying to make country of non-drinking, non-smoking, vegans with no weapons. Then the mind control will be complete. And we'll get freakin invaded by Canada.