What's new

Under-rated cigars

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Tried a quick search, and didn't really see any threads similar to this....although they very well could exist. So if it's a duplicate my apologies.

I'll start off with a stick that I don't see a ton of info on here, yet I see a bunch of fan fare over the Exclusivo, Holiday blend etc.

The regular Viaje Platino is a damn fine cigar....only have had the Chiva, but really digging the change of pace it provides compared to other Nica Puros.

Honorable mention for me:

Tabacos Baez
Cubao
601 Oscuro (Green)

Anyone else??

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The 601 Greens are pretty popular and I smoke them quite a bit. On other forums they have a pretty loyal following and deservedly so but as you pointed out there are some great cigars that do not get the notariety they deserve.

My picks are:

La Gloria Cubana
Conquista Cigars ( RP blend that is notorious for its really good flavors and Habano Maduro wrapper that goes from medium to full bodied and good pepper and caramel)
Saint Luis Rey

Rating - 98%
61   1   1
I like the J Fuego small cigars that are now coming in tins. There are a couple of them that are newer and very good. (I prefer the ones in the black tin...have to dig a band out to get the details) Not only a good one that isn't mentioned much, but a great inexpensive short smoke.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Padron 1000 series. Superbly made cigar, inexpensive and age very well.
I seriously think the tobacco that goes into the x000 series is the same as the anni 64's... just not aged.

I have some 2000 maddies with 3 years age on them and they are just superb. My next box purchase will be the londres maddy and i'm gonna let them sit for a full 5 years. :skew:

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I gotta gree with KPP about the Viaje Platino Line, especially the Lancero!

I would also say the 601 Red and the El Cobre.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Me and my D*** ass gave all of my platino's away and never tried one! WTF
was I thinking? (Oro, Oro, Orrrrrroooooooooooooo!!!!) *LMFAO*

I gotta gree with KPP about the Viaje Platino Line, especially the Lancero!

I would also say the 601 Red and the El Cobre.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Siboney Reserve (Pepin-made Famous exclusive)
Holt's Connoisseur Selection (also Pepin-made)

These 2 are right up there with some of his smokes that cost 2 to 3 times more. Highly recommended to all DPG/Tat lovers!

Also Famous VSL Dominican (PDR-made Famous exclusive)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I feel La Aurora is underrated. They don't really go with trends and don't really have an image as most cigar manufacturers do, but they consistently make good cigars. It is unfortunate they don't sell well.

I enjoy both the La Aurora 107 that just came out and still enjoy the Barrel Aged that was released relatively recently.

Lastly, the 1495 to me is an extremely extremely underrated cigar. I love it, and I have been waiting to see it again on CigarMonster to snag some 5packs at $15 a piece.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I feel like a lot of the Aroma de Cuba cigars are under rated or do not get the credit they deserve.. I never see anyone talking about them on the board but lately I havent had a chance to get on as much so I should probably just be quiet :disappoin

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
There are a few that I have really enjoyed that aren't talked about much... the Joya de Nicaragua Classico Criollo (nice and smooth, medium bodied with a nutty flavor); Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet (nice and spicy); R & J Habana Reserve (smooth and rich) and anything by J. Fuego (Origen and Natural in particular... also Casa Fuego is a bargain).

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
"Brick House" or "Casa Magna" I think are excellent for the price, however if you spend a dollar more you can get a LFD DL (My Fav) although the Padron x000 line is very good if you can let them rest first.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I feel La Aurora is underrated. They don't really go with trends and don't really have an image as most cigar manufacturers do, but they consistently make good cigars. It is unfortunate they don't sell well.

Lastly, the 1495 to me is an extremely extremely underrated cigar. I love it, and I have been waiting to see it again on CigarMonster to snag some 5packs at $15 a piece.
+1 I have had 1 and thought it was great.