What's new

Undercrown wood

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Right out of the gate it became very warm and soft and began to tunnel. I knew something wasn't right because all my other Arganosa's had good construction. That is why I started to take it apart to see what was the problem.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
My main concern with big woody-veins is that they might restrict the draw--but if the draw is good, I don't care about them because I've yet to notice the "sticks" effecting the flavor.
I've always thought "Veins" like that led to tunnelling as the veins burn quicker than the leaf.

TheDudeAbides

I got an awesome sound...
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Honestly, IMHO, Shit happens with a hand made product, and while it annoying to find one of those when you are trying to smoke, that vast majority of the time, they have no effect whatsoever on the actual taste of the cigar....

It is VERY rare that I find something that large in a cigar, and rarer still in a LP :)

~brooks
Couldn't have said it better.
-Dude

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Drain the Main Vein.

Aloha ... pull that main vein out, sharpen the point and lunge it through the eye of an ANTI .... hahahahahahahah ...

Nah, but in all seriousness, that happens sometimes. If the draw was messed up, than I get alarmed, but a stem every now and again can happen. Was glad to hear that ya still enjoyed the stick but I apologize for the stem. Aloha is a very good dude and a true BOTL, so he knows that I would take care of him if DE was at fault.

Now, NJStone said something right on and I just want to re-post it here.

...... "Those are the larger veins of the tobacco leaf (some people call them "stems," but that's not really correct, actual tobacco stems are HUGE), not uncommon to find them in cigars (though I'll admit those are big). I've seen worse! It's my theory that the stronger the cigar is, the more you're likely to notice them (since I think the ligero veins are larger).

My main concern with big woody-veins is that they might restrict the draw--but if the draw is good, I don't care about them because I've yet to notice the "sticks" effecting the flavor.

I would agree ...

Best,
JD

ALSO .... if anyone is going to be free Friday night, I will be at Cigar King in Scottsdale AZ, along with Alan Rubin. Please stop by and Alan Rubin will give you a plate full of stems....LOL

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Thanks for the info. Awesome as always. Wish I was in AZ I would drop by in a heartbeat. I will wait for you to come back to the NE.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
When I first saw the thread I just thought you REALLY liked Undercrown...
I was thinking the same thing... I pulled this thread up because I was actually thinking about having my first undercrown as a way to celebrate the end of the semester.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Hey, I had to think of a good enough title so people would click on the thread. Undercrown was for the people that want to read about DE and good cigars, Wood was for the perves. I think that about accounts for everyone on BOTL! LOL

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
As we all know, this is a hand-made product. I don't think any manufacturer is bullet proof. As long as draw is good, continue to smoke it. I found stems in plenty of cigars across different brands but I can't recall any patterns.