What's new

Unemployed List

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Lately I'm more and more happy that I have a steady job and work for a company that (claims) to have never laid people off and (claims to) has no intention to do so. Had been thinking for years of looking for something more interesting to me but steady income is paramount.

I've been unemployed too and that really sucks. My best to all involved in finding something.

openendstraight

Grand Corona
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Well it looks like I will not get laid off, but I am going to have to deal two to three days a week. It is like a demotion, but not every day just a few dyas a week. Will cut my pay by around 30%.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I too am unemployed. I have been since July. I hate it!
I was working for a Saab dealership for a few years. I was a parts adviser. With the hits the auto market has been taking they decided to close the dealership & lay everyone off.
It really stunk because I love cars & working as part of a shop. So now I look for a place to work. It most likely won't be in the auto industry. I'd take anything with decent benefits that pays the bills. Until then I get unemployment to help me stay afloat.
But, it also did let me do some great fishing! When ever a door closes a window opens. I hope.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I started working for Gulfstream Aerospace back in September and it's a great company. Owned by General Dynamics, so we have great benifits, 401k, etc. We are on a hiring freeze here in Long Beach but Savannah GA and some of the other locations have openings. Here's the carreers site, maybe something is available in your area http://www.resumeware.net/gac_rw/gac_web/job_search.cfm
I have been in your shoes and it bites a$$! Best of luck finding something!!:thumbsup:
Sincerely,
Scott

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sweet Jesus. Brothers are dropping like flies. What a shitty situation.

I may be unemployed for awhile too, I'm really hoping SAG doesn't strike!!

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I will keep all of you brothers in my thoughts and wish the best.

This too shall pass.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Sorry to hear about all the brothers...remember to be flexible and keep your options open. Networking is big too....don't just sit at home...get out to the local cigar lounge, you never know who you might sit down next to and start chatting with.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
get out to the local cigar lounge, you never know who you might sit down next to and start chatting with.
Great idea, see, now I can tell Linda that I'm not just going to have a couple smokes, I'm looking for a job at the lounge! Man, she'll never buy that!!!!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Sorry to hear of all the lay off lately. I know my company has had to lay people off in certain offices that lost major clients in the financials. Anyways hope everything looks better in the near future for you guys.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry to hear about all of you that have been laid off, but if you think it sucks looking for another job when you're young, try and find one when you're 62...I haven't been able to find a job in several years now...I was in IT and have 20+ years experience and I'd work for what they pay a recent college grad...and I have two degrees, about a half dozen Microsoft and Cisco certifications, and I'm walking around with more computer stuff in my head than anyone I know, and that goes from building machines from scratch, programming in Basic and Cobol (15+ years), and being an network admin/engineer with a MCSE & CCNA (5 years)...but every where I go the look at the gray hair on my head rather than what's inside it...:dunno:

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Great idea, see, now I can tell Linda that I'm not just going to have a couple smokes, I'm looking for a job at the lounge! Man, she'll never buy that!!!!
I started going to the lounge trying to find a job and got hooked up with the Hershey Corporation job fair. I know the Bev. Manager at one of their resort hotels and I am going to be a part time life guard while I attend college.

The other thing going to the lounge has done for me is that the B&M wants to hire me as long as one of the owner's nephews will give up his slot at the store. Everyone there wants me in his position except for him hahah.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Yeah, i 'm in the market for a cash under the table gig at a cigar shop! Something to help pass the time and get me outta the house for the evening, and oh, have a few smokes!!! I've casually inquired at one place, but i think i'm gonna look a littel harder. I'd be willing to work for free if i could smoke every time i worked, but the 'ol lady probably wouldn't see the point in that.

Let's see, $5 / hr.

4-5 hours = $20

Gas to closest lounge that's 42 minutes away = $8.

OK, maybe i'm gonna have a tough time selling this to the wife regardless.