What's new

Update on my Father

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Some of you may remember back in August I posted about my father being diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. Well I want to share a bit of good news about my dad.

He has been feeling better lately. In fact a couple weeks ago he and I went to the cigar shop and had a smoke together for the first time since he was diagnosed.

Now the really good news we got today...

His latest MRI has shown significant shrinking of his tumor. Right now the chemo is causing him more grief than the cancer (he has had a rough week) so they are going to take a break for a little bit. Doc says they can always come back to it later since they know it works for him. The doc is also trying to get my father into a trial over at UNC that he thinks could be a big help now given how well he responded to the chemo. Not sure of the details on the trial yet. Gotta talk to my parents more about it.

Anyway it is some good news with a disease that rarely allows for any good news. Thank you so much for the prayers and positive thoughts. They really do help.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
outstanding news, especially that you and your dad can spend time like that together again! will be hoping for his continued improvement, and best of luck with the trial.

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Some of you may remember back in August I posted about my father being diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer. Well I want to share a bit of good news about my dad.

He has been feeling better lately. In fact a couple weeks ago he and I went to the cigar shop and had a smoke together for the first time since he was diagnosed.

Now the really good news we got today...

His latest MRI has shown significant shrinking of his tumor. Right now the chemo is causing him more grief than the cancer (he has had a rough week) so they are going to take a break for a little bit. Doc says they can always come back to it later since they know it works for him. The doc is also trying to get my father into a trial over at UNC that he thinks could be a big help now given how well he responded to the chemo. Not sure of the details on the trial yet. Gotta talk to my parents more about it.

Anyway it is some good news with a disease that rarely allows for any good news. Thank you so much for the prayers and positive thoughts. They really do help.

Matt,
Sorry to hear about your father being in this condition. Looks like there is some good hope though. My sisters father passed away from pancreatic cancer in November. It ate him alive, was a tough thing to watch, but in all honesty, he had given up. If you have hope, it will go a long way. Stay positive and never give up. My thoughts are with you and your family. Take care.

-Jared

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Never give up hope! Had a cousin diagnosed with PC 3 years ago at the age of 33 with twin babies. He never stopped fighting and is cancer free today, thank God. Never give up hope!

Lorax429

Dagum
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Awesome news! How did your sis do in that race? If I'm not mistaken, At least i think that's what the donations were for. Well that and medical research.
A 5k walk/run yeah. The event was great and she reached her fundraising goal thanks in huge part to all of you. So thank you again.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Matt, glad to hear the good news about your dad. Thanks for giving us the update. Will continue to remember you and the family while he strives to beat this disease.