What's new

Update on the Wife and Baby

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
So as some of you may recall, my wife and I are expecting our second kid (keeping the gender a surprise) while she is also fighting breast cancer. Originally, the plan was to give her Chemo until the baby showed up, and then do a mastectomy. Well, that didn't prove to be entirely fruitful, so they revised the plan. Since the baby will be here in about 8 weeks and the chemo they did give worked, short of causing new heart issues for the wife, they felt it would be safe to try the mastectomy now - risking that the baby might be born pre-term - and then continuing with chemo after the baby showed up.

Yesterday was a long nerve-racking day, but the breast was successfully removed and the baby never showed any signs of distress during the operation. The surgeon feels that there is a good chance that the cancer hadn't spread too far, and not gotten beyond the one breast (we'll know more with an MRI, after the baby is born). Now the Oncologist and the high-risk OBGYN will have a pissing contest to see when they can induce an early labor so that the Oncologist can continue to assess the cancer condition while the OBGYN is still trying to ensure that there is minimal risk to the baby. We're just glad Nicole (and Baby) made it through the surgery. Now I'm praying for a healthy baby, and that the surgeon was right (we'll see what the biopsy shows).

Thanks again for all your support and prayers, brothers. They are working! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
You just moved to the top of my prayer list man...Didn't realize that you were going through this.

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I'm so happy and relieved that Nicole and T2 came out of the surgery well! I am still praying for you guys!

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Thanks all... muito obrigado!

They released her today, and she is now at home sleeping like a baby.

Last edited:

mcroom

RV Wizard
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Sean, thanks for the update. Still continuing to pray for you guys. Hang in there and trust in Him. Let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Wow, Sean, I'm sorry to hear you guys are going through that. But, very happy to hear your wife and baby are doing well. My thoughts and prayers are with you, brother.

Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Prayers and thoughts will be with you, your wife and your children daily. Stay strong brother.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Dude. I saw your post on FB, but completely missed how serious it was. Prayers going out for everyone to continue healthy and that they got all the cancer!

Dan

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Again, prayers sent for you, your wife and baby! Just try to keep a positive attitude as your wife needs it!