What's new

UPDATES- FDA Regulation Thread - Petitions, Links, Action Items

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Good points. Apathy and lack of action will be our downfall as we sit back and watch our freedoms pulled out from under us and sit around and bitch about how messed up and overreaching the government is.
I wouldn't call it apathy. I guarantee the vast majority of cigar smokers aren't even aware of these pending regulations. It's not due to apathy though. It's due to the fact that the vast major of cigar smokers only casually or occasionally smoke cigars. They don't read cigar forums, or keep up to date with stuff like this. I am pretty sure that many cigar smokers who are more passionate and involved in cigars have signed petitions, but those people make up a very small percentage of cigar smokers. It's not apathy. The truth is you can't use cigar forums as a barometer for anything in regards to the average cigar smoker as people on these forums are typically more passionate and interested in cigars.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I wouldn't call it apathy. I guarantee the vast majority of cigar smokers aren't even aware of these pending regulations. It's not due to apathy though. It's due to the fact that the vast major of cigar smokers only casually or occasionally smoke cigars. They don't read cigar forums, or keep up to date with stuff like this. I am pretty sure that many cigar smokers who are more passionate and involved in cigars have signed petitions, but those people make up a very small percentage of cigar smokers. It's not apathy. The truth is you can't use cigar forums as a barometer for anything in regards to the average cigar smoker as people on these forums are typically more passionate and interested in cigars.
True. I should have been more clear. I was referring more to the article and what he said about shops not putting out laptops or ipads and informing the clientele. I have had a laptop out everyday for customers to sign petitions and most are happy to do it and have no clue that it's even happening.