What's new

Upmann #2

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Over the last couple of weeks, I've had two Upmann #2 from a relatively new box (Nov 07). Each one has burned and drew perfectly, and were enjoyable right until I was burning my fingers.

From what I've read, the Upmann #2's should get stronger with age. I'm wondering if others had had such great experiences with newer Upmann's smoking great with so little age on them.

Thanks.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Over the last couple of weeks, I've had two Upmann #2 from a relatively new box (Nov 07). Each one has burned and drew perfectly, and were enjoyable right until I was burning my fingers.

From what I've read, the Upmann #2's should get stronger with age. I'm wondering if others had had such great experiences with newer Upmann's smoking great with so little age on them.

Thanks.
Yes!!

I just smoked one from 2007 last week, and it was damn good. Don't remember the box code, as it was a gift, but a box of these are definitely in my next purchase plans.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Buying a box to age and one to smoke is great way to buy cigars that you have absoloutley decided that you love.

Although I have narrowed it down to a few brands and vitolas within those brands, I still like to experiment and try new boxes of Havanas! The problem becomes space in the humi...Bu I guess that's a good problem to have :)
I need to revisit the Upmann #2. I had one about 4 years ago, and remembered a distinct hint of cotton candy in the middle or second third...anyone else notice this?
Cheers, and happy smoking :)

knuck42

At least I'm enjoyin' the
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hint of cotton candy in the middle or second
Yep! Don't know if I would have described it quite that way, but there is a sweetness that can and often does develop in these. I'm burning through a box from '02 that are really nice. A second box for longer term aging would have been swell as these are showing some amazing promise. Should be sublime by 2012 or so. Wonder if I'll have any left by then! LOL