What's new

Upmann #2

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Haven't smoked a cigar in a few days and I'm the only one here at the Leaf right now. Perfect time to do a little review and play some Friday blues on the Dock.:guitar:
Cigar: H Upmann #2 (Feb 09)
Drink: Pepsi
Time: 10:50 a.m.
78 degs in the Leaf(yes that's right)
Humidity in my locker 55%:bickering

H. Upmann #2
This is my first Upmann #2 ever. I thought it would be a good time to break my cherry w a fresh palate.

Prelight appearance: Nice color on the wrapper with no imperfections at all. Wrapper feels smooth and feels like that light CC feel in the hand. Very oily in the sun light. Little bit of give when pinched. Cut with the Palio and Prelight Draw is absolutely perfect(came from the 65% vino @ home). Slight resistance at the most. With woody tobacco present at cold draw.
Light up with matches and here we go.
Initial impressions of sweet tobacco and o so smooth. Back of the throat spice(cinnamon) with woodiness as well. Cigar is burning great with loads of smoke.
1st inch/1st third: No problems what so ever. This cigar is def not sick and to say the least that some of the best tobacco Cuba has to offer was used is a understatement. Burn isn't the greatest but self correcting thru the first 3rd. I can walk away from this cigar for 5 mins and it's still going strong.

2nd third:
This cigar is still giving me the impression of great things to come in future years. Great tasting tobacco flavor still so smooth. Perfect draw and burn. Loads of smoke still being produced. Cinnamon spice is gone and being replaced with woodiness and leather on the back end. LONG finish on this cigar in the 2nd third. Body is medium to full currently. Ash is holding at 1 inch "chunky" pieces. I got greedy and it just fell on the floor lol. One last thought right now is this cigar is demanding me to smoke it slow and just "enjoy the ride".

Final 3rd:
Cigar has turned full body. Leather is dominant with such a great finish on it I can't wait to take anther draw. "Earthy Woodiness is there as well". I am just enjoying this cigar so much with the blues playing in the back round as well. Even the ambient smoke smells of such great tobacco. I'm thinking I could just sit next to someone smoking this and would enjoy it as well. Last inch has brought some spice to the lips and tongue.(white pepper). I'm sad this thing is ending.

Final smoking time: 1hr 40mins
Final impressions:
This cigar was just a pleasure to smoke. Always burning with one touch up(slight) towards the middle. Great finish, great flavors, and ambient room aroma as well. I will be looking for this year and this marca again with out a doubt. I hope you enjoyed reading this review as much as I enjoyed smoking it. Have a great Christmas to all my botl!:santa2:
Jfire.

Last edited:

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Smoked one of these last week and it was exceptional. REALLY quality tobacco and depth of flavor that is just astounding and uniquely CC.

Thanks for the review!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love HU and I might even go as far as saying, my go to marca, but for some reason, this vitola just does not do it for me. Maybe I need to smoke one with some age on it.

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Thanks for the review Justin. I've been smoking through the recent Upmann No.2's like crazy. Just can't get enough of the No.2's. While I know the Mag 46's are more popular. I prefer the No.2's.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Great review, jolietelfire.

There's an older gentleman at my local cigar shop that swears the H. Upmann #2 is the best cigar in the world.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Little known fact: These are better cigars than the Monte2. More consistent as well. Glad you enjoyed it Justin.