What's new

UPS requires signature for tobacco deliveries

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
By sheer luck, my wife was home to sign!

still not sure I will order from Famous anymore, though.

unless I change my ship-to address to the UPS Hub location, and time the delivery so it arrives there on Friday for me to p/u Saturday

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Of course, the way around all this nonsense is to not ship UPS. I mean, there are other options.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Received an order yesterday from Famous. Bunch of 5 packs and cutters shipped SurePost. No signature required, to my doorstep.

It is a UPS policy

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Made 3 purchases last week, 3 different companies. Cp had my stuff here yesterday via sure post, dropped off no issues.
The other 2 shiped ups and were supposed to be here today. I missed them by 15 minutes!!!!
The note says they will be taken to a ups hold point (ups store) by the end of business tomorrow. Ugh!!! That sucks. Good thing i was not hurting for smokes.

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Received another UPS order today from famous with 3 fivers and they left at the doorstep, so it's obviously not being enforced everywhere

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I got one this past week as well with no signature required.

Guessing they're a little more trusting in semi-rural Minnesota?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Well, you can avoid these conditions from the UPS if you make the order for other items to be delivered together. Last month I ordered so many cigarettes and the milk shaker, they didn't ask me for the signature. Im is not sure that it will work for you, but you can try. Also, you can use the not official tracking delivery site to make them don't pay more attention to your package. Usually, I use some free online service to update the delivery status or the online monitor sites like postsendungsverfolgung.com to track the delivery status.

Last edited:

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hello, MikePal! Well, the typical situation sounds funny to me, but the danger of this situation we don't need to underestimate.
Underestimate the danger?!?! Are you crazy Julie???
For your info, MikePal is a a double black belt in karate, Black belt in Jiu Jitsu, and has been training Muay Thai for 30 years.
So don't worry about the danger of the situation, WORRY ABOUT MIKEPAL!!!
He's a killer in disguise!!! I'm off to run and hide as we speak!!!:eek::eek::eek: