What's new

Ups Sucks

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My story starts at about 8:30 am on Friday, April 22 when I checked the status of a package shipped via UPS. The tracking info was as follows

Apr 22, 2005
6:54 A.M. WATERTOWN, MA, US OUT FOR DELIVERY
5:08 A.M. WATERTOWN, MA, US OUT FOR DELIVERY
5:01 A.M. WATERTOWN, MA, US ARRIVAL SCAN
3:12 A.M. HARTFORD, CT, US DEPARTURE SCAN

Apr 21, 2005
11:33 P.M. HARTFORD, CT, US ARRIVAL SCAN
9:28 P.M. MASPETH, NY, US DEPARTURE SCAN
7:28 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED
6:52 P.M. MASPETH, NY, US ORIGIN SCAN

Just past 7pm, when according to UPS drivers have made all their deliveries I called PICK-UPS to determine the status of my package. I was told by this rep that he determined that the package was on the truck for delievery and to wait until 7:30p and if the package had not yet been delivered, to return the call.

Just past 7:30p I call back, am told the package is still out for delivery, that this rep could not determine if that package was on a truck and that delivery is possible until midnight. Not believing this is possible I ask for a supervisor. The rep tells me a supervisor would only tell me the same, and continues to stall until I again press for a supervisor, I am put on hold for several minutes, the same rep returns and tell me she has authorization to call my local distribution center. After several more minutes of waiting, she returns to tell me the driver has returned the truck and gone home for the day.

Again I ask for a supervisor. More stalling. More minutes on hold. I get a supervisor, I ask if they know the status of my package. More hold. She calls the distribution center, returns to tell me that no one is now answering the phone, but promises I will be called by the manager of the local distribution center by 9am on Monday. She also explains that the tracking info posted does not mean that the package is actually on the truck, on the right truck, or still in the distribution center.

Saturday morning I check the website again and see the following addition to the tracking information:
Apr 22, 2005
8:06 P.M. WATERTOWN, MA, US DESTINATION SCAN

I email and call to find out exactly what that means. The email response is:
A Destination Scan is when a package is scanned at the Destination center that processes a package Out for Delivery.

Our system indicates that your concerns have already been forwarded your to your local UPS Delivery Center for further assistance. You may expect to be contacted by 10:00 a.m. on, 04/25/05. If we may assist you in the future, please feel free to contact us.

Monday morning 9a and 10a passes and there is no call. I call and speak to a rep (whose only responses are that I have to contact the shipper, even though this package was accepted by UPS, and to apologize), a supervisor (who can only quote the tracking info), a manager (who is determined to not give any more information than anyone else already has), and finally someone (contacted by the previous supervisor) at the local distribution center, who refuses to determine the status of the package for 10 minutes and only then asks for the tracking number. She continues to refuse to make any attempt to make good on this situation, and finally relents to contact the driver, determine IF the package is on the truck (at the driver’s convenience), and when the driver might be in my area to make the delivery. She says she will call back.

After an hour I do not hear back and call PICK UPS again, this supervisor contacts the assistant manager of the distribution center, who assures her he will contact all trucks in and around the area to determine if the package is on a truck, and when the earliest delivery will be, and call me directly with this information. More than an hour has now passed and I have yet to receive a call.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
They won't give me an address or a phone number for the local center. I sent an email to the Senior Vice President, U.S. Operations, he forward it to the Manager of Corporate Customer Relations. Now I wait some more

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i can't stand FedEx. i've even got a signature waiver on file, and i had something that they didn't drop off today because i wasn't there to sign for it???!!! :argh:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I never use UPS anymore. I tried to send a package out to VA once and it went to Arizona first. Can you believe this shit, it wasn't even in the general direction, regardless it took about a week to get to VA when I could of got it there in 2 days usind USPS. Never again

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
IHT said:
i can't stand FedEx. i've even got a signature waiver on file, and i had something that they didn't drop off today because i wasn't there to sign for it???!!! :argh:
We left a waiver a few weeks ago, that package was stolen, nothing we could do except suck it up (about $400) in all the time we've lived here (8-9 years) nothing ever has been stolen. Be careful.

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
MadAl said:
We left a waiver a few weeks ago, that package was stolen, nothing we could do except suck it up (about $400) in all the time we've lived here (8-9 years) nothing ever has been stolen. Be careful.
thanks for the heads up.
we haven't had problems with many other large expensive items being stolen off our front porch...

then again, i've heard that fedex drivers will steal the stuff themselves...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I think the two day post office thing has turned out to be great...At times it takes longer, but you can't beat the price...and you can track..sort of...

Bsslack

So-Cal/Riverside
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Mad Al,

That really is a drag. Not the first time I've heard of problems with them. Brown ain't just the color of the truck....it's also the color of thier custmer service. More specificly Sh*t Brown! :(

It is nothing short of Amazing that USPS is Better 95% of the time!
Who'd uh thunk it?

Good Luck with them!

slack

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Bsslack said:
It is nothing short of Amazing that USPS is Better 95% of the time!
Who'd uh thunk it?
too bad overseas vendors can't use 'em...
i've had the opposite results with UPS than i have with FedEx (read: never had a problem with UPS - nothing but problems with FedEx).

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
They all work great until something goes wrong. Once that happens, it's all downhill. I've yet to deal with customer service worth a damn at ANY shipping company.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
IHT said:
too bad overseas vendors can't use 'em...
i've had the opposite results with UPS than i have with FedEx (read: never had a problem with UPS - nothing but problems with FedEx).
My USPS delivery person delivers items from overseas vendors.

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
My USPS delivery person delivers items from overseas vendors.
smarty pants. you know what i said when i said what i said when i said it, you know.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ups sucks.

I have had 3 "sign for" left in, (1) my recycle bin, (2) in my driveway during a snowstorm, which I almost ran over, (3) in a snow bank.

The worst incident, I had some live lizards sent from AZ, with directions all over the package, do not leave in direct sunlight. It was left on my driveway, direct sunlight, On an 85 degree day, were the surface temperature was probably 120. The lizards survived, despite UPS's best effort.