What's new

Used Humidor Clean Up

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys,
I just picked up a 160 CT Diamond Crown Humidor used, she's in great condition. Do you guys recommend i clean the inside or just flip it and get the loose tobacco left inside. also do you guys use anything to clean the exterior normally i just use a damp cloth or just dust it off? Will post pictures ASAP. Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You can use a dry swiffer duster for the inside, or compressed air, but NEVER use any kind of cleaning products on the cedar inside a humidor.
If it has a nasty, musty smell you can leave it open in a room with good circulation, but never leave it outside or in the sun.
I also wouldn't recommend any cleaning products on the outside, because you're always risking some transfer to the cedar lining. I've spot-cleaned the outside of mine using a mix of 1 part vinegar to like 10 parts water, very carefully.
A damp cloth should be alright for the outside as long as it's clean and just water, but I think a dry microfiber should do just as well.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Congrats on the new gear.
Make sure you're using distilled water. But dry is best, as jj recommended above.
Personally, I'd discard any used rh pad, puck, or beads from a previous user, and use Bodeva for RH.

Last edited: