What's new

Useless Poll 2 - Do you know what the most prized cigar in your humidor tastes like?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Currently the most valuable cigar in my humi is an Anejo Shark that was gifted to me.
I've never had one but assume it tastes slightly better than pretty much any other Anejo. Still, I've never seen one for sale and for some reason, would like to buy another one before I smoke the one I have.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Last year I bought two Opus X Forbidden X at $60 each in Vegas, and I almost immediately regretted it. Not because I missed the money, it was purchased with poker winnings, but because I couldn't think of an occasion worthy of burning something that cost that much and the near dead certainty that no cigar could taste $60 good. They're both still sitting in my humidor while I delude myself that I'm just properly aging them.
So to answer your question, no.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have a few opus sharks that I value very highly, but I've also smoked a few.
I think my most prized cigar is probably my partagas 150 ($65), which came out when I was two. I've never had one, and according to halfwheel, they're waaaay past their prime anyway.
I guess my most prized stick that I've had before is my casa fuente

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Currently the most valuable cigar in my humi is an Anejo Shark that was gifted to me.
I've never had one but assume it tastes slightly better than pretty much any other Anejo. Still, I've never seen one for sale and for some reason, would like to buy another one before I smoke the one I have.
I've had one anejo shark, and the burn was out of control, to the point where touchups were useless and it burned all the way down in 30 minutes.
The anejo is still my favorite cigar, but I maintain that the Shark is a collector's cigar, for looking at. If you want to smoke a shark, just smoke the torpedo. They're basically the exact same thing

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Last year I bought two Opus X Forbidden X at $60 each in Vegas, and I almost immediately regretted it. Not because I missed the money, it was purchased with poker winnings, but because I couldn't think of an occasion worthy of burning something that cost that much and the near dead certainty that no cigar could taste $60 good. They're both still sitting in my humidor while I delude myself that I'm just properly aging them.
I have a Cohiba Robustos Supremos sitting in my humi, waiting for the right occasion. But I agree that expectations for these prized cigars are usually too high and lead to disappointment. This was gifted to me so it's not about the $. I'll probably say screw it and smoke it some night on a whim.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
That's why I keep a review book, so at least I can glue the band somewhere nice and have something to show for my $50+ smokes

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Regrettably, no, I don't. I have two Cohiba Sublimes, two Edmundo Dante Conde 54, a box of Cohiba 1966 and a box of La Escepcion Selectos Finos. None of which I have smoked yet :-/ My wife isn't the biggest supporter of my tobacco habit so I don't smoke as often as many of you. Once we get our patio in order, I see that changing!

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Yes, I do. My all time favorite NC is the Unico Especial from Warped. At one time I had 6 tins, that number is significantly smaller than it once was.

I do however have quite a few unicorn CCs that I haven't tried due to only having 1 of each, but I've been trying to burn through em bcuz ya never know when you may no longer be able to smoke.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Tough question - does most expensive = most highly prized or valued?

If it's most expensive, then no. Not yet.

If it's most valued for other reasons, that's an even tougher question - it's like asking me to pick a favorite kid. Bad analogy since I only have 1 kid, and lots of cigars... But still.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Tough question - does most expensive = most highly prized or valued?

If it's most expensive, then no. Not yet.

If it's most valued for other reasons, that's an even tougher question - it's like asking me to pick a favorite kid. Bad analogy since I only have 1 kid, and lots of cigars... But still.
I was thinking along the lines of if your house was on fire and you could only save one stick... So yeah, most valuable to you.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I was thinking along the lines of if your house was on fire and you could only save one stick... So yeah, most valuable to you.

If that's the case it would be the anejo robusto a really good friend of mine bought me a week after he got out of prison and a week before I moved across the country. He wanted to get me an opus, but I knew I would never be able to smoke it so I made him get me an anejo. Funny, now I like anejos way better than opus anyway

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I have an Anjeo waiting for...something...not sure what.

I would like to share one thing I learned about saving 'special' items when we first got serious about wine.

We always saved Champagne/sparkling wine for a "special occasion". I read Andrea Immer's wine book and she wrote "any day you wake up is special. What else are you waiting for? Open it!" (paraphrased).
That really spoke to me. Since then, I usually don't wait for something special.
In fact....I may go fire up that Anejo right now....

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My most prized up until last year was an Opus Lancero that I had bought in 2007 or so. I saved it for a special occasion and smoked it when I turned 30. It was my second Opus, and it was FANTASTIC. To the price vs sentiment, my cigar I haven't brought myself to smoke is the CAO Sopranos The Boss that my wife gave me for a birthday when we were dating back in 2005 or 2006. She gave me one each of the Sopranos line, because we were watching the show at the time. She said the soldier was for my birthday, the associate was for our anniversary, and the boss was for our wedding day. I smoked the other two as planned, but didn't get to the cigar when we got married almost five years ago. I'd like to smoke it for our five year anniversary, by I might hang on to it. I'm not sure. Im pretty sure I remember what those tasted like though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Well? You gonna keep us hangin?

Well, your question was
"Do you know what the most prized cigar in your humidor tastes like?" and I answered properly. I don't have anything that I have not smoked in my 5 count at this time.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well, your question was
"Do you know what the most prized cigar in your humidor tastes like?" and I answered properly. I don't have anything that I have not smoked in my 5 count at this time.
This is true. I wanted to ask everyone what their most prized cigar was, but it had already been done; so this was my twist to it. But you did answer the question... I wonder what the count is for whether people know what it tastes like or not.