What's new

Using a dehumidifying dry cabinet as a humidor?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought 2 dry cabinets for 50 bucks total. they are used for keeping Cameras and other electronics safe. 1 cabinet still works while the other doesn’t. I haven’t plugged it in and am currently trying to get a steady RH in there. Anyone have any experience working with something like this or should I just scrap the project and use the cabinets for some other storage?

Been searching everywhere but nothing comes up for turning a dehumidifier into a humidor.
The whole thing is in Japanese so I’ve attached a picture of the controls translated. Thanks!2A151814-CC44-49F8-AF47-61869EEFB838.jpeg

Attachments

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Any ideas as to what rh levels you can expect to maintain in the units if they run properly? If they seal well and temperature is not a concern they will be fine as humidors, just control with Bovedas

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas as to what rh levels you can expect to maintain in the units if they run properly? If they seal well and temperature is not a concern they will be fine as humidors, just control with Bovedas
if I turn it on to low humidity, it’ll drop to 30% and the highest humidity powered on is 60%. So I just leave it unplugged and it’s been holding at 71% with the boveda