What's new

USPS New rules

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So today I went to ship out 6 bombs. Some for Brothers here and some for Brothers in Arms who are in Iraq and Afghanistan. The "postal clerk", said there are new rules she had to abide by that at first meant I could not ship cigars. I hesitate at calling her a "postal clerk" because being in Germany the Postal workers are not exactly of the caliber I am used to seeing in a stateside Post Office.

I've attached the new rules for you to have in your pocket should some other ill-informed Postal employee tells you you can no longer mail cigars.

http://www.usps.com/communications/newsroom/2010/pr10_059b.htm

To sum it up: "The prohibition does not include cigars" verbatim, in the news release.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terrible man. This is why I always use click and ship. Super easy, and you don't have to put up with the postal clerks. Here at least, they are always big jerk offs.

LiLo

Fire me up a
Rating - 98.7%
103   1   1
it says " The prohibition does not include cigars. " though. Which is a relief! But your saying the clerk said you couldn't send cigars?

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
This is actually a Federal Government not a Postal rule. The Post Office just has to go by it. I'm sure the other parcel carriers have to go by it also. My wife that is a Postal Clerk told me about it the other day. I remember when I was a mail carrier that people would get cigarettes in the mail from overseas. The are trying to get lost revenue on taxes from those cigarettes now looks like. Just another way that the Government is trying to get into our pockets.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had problems with shipping using Fedex and UPS before but not normally with the post. Just to be safe I now ship "educational books".

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had problems with shipping using Fedex and UPS before but not normally with the post. Just to be safe I now ship "educational books".
I did with UPS! The bastages said they would help me repack a bomb I sent out but they saw it was stogies and said "you are not allowed to mail cigars here". I said that I had just received...from UPS...a shipment of cigars 3 days prior. The guy told me "That is because we have contracts with vendors. You are not a vendor". He also said if I went outside and packed it and came back he would check it first to make sure I didn't try to pull one over on him.

I felt like telling him to bite my non vendor ass but I figure he was just doing his job (but being a bit of a dong about it).

I too now say it is comic books or something of the sort.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Never had a problem, but then again I package mine at home and I've never been asked what's in the box when I go to the Post Office. Even if this law did include cigars wouldn't this line "The law does permit infrequent lightweight shipments by age-verified adults to recipients who are at least the age of majority for purchase of tobacco." mean that our friendly bombings could still be sent??

Dan

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Did you notice the bottom of the second paragraph says it does not include cigars? I think this is targeted at people avoiding high local tobacco taxes by having them shipped to them.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I SHOULD have just lied. But what does that say about us as Americans feeling the need to lie to people in semi-Government positions about things that are well within our Rights as Americans. The packages went out today with the honest customs declarations of "Cigars." I provided them with the documentation and they searched their hardest but the fact is, cigars are perfectly legal to be shipped. I WON!