What's new

USPS Priority Price Increase

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
We should look into FedEx, UPS, DHL or whoever else if they do anything.
"Effective Jan. 5, 2016, all tobacco products, including loose tobacco, cigars, smokeless tobacco, hookah tobacco and cigarettes, will be prohibited and the FedEx Express Terms & Conditions, FedEx Ground Tariff and FedEx Freight Tariff will be updated to reflect this prohibition."

Personally, I will no longer use FedEx for sending or receiving anything because of the new policy.

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
"Effective Jan. 5, 2016, all tobacco products, including loose tobacco, cigars, smokeless tobacco, hookah tobacco and cigarettes, will be prohibited and the FedEx Express Terms & Conditions, FedEx Ground Tariff and FedEx Freight Tariff will be updated to reflect this prohibition."

Personally, I will no longer use FedEx for sending or receiving anything because of the new policy.
Huh? I guess fedex doesn't like shipping super light packages for a lot of money.

Maybe trying to cover their asses with people bootlegging cigarettes.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
I use their Regional 'A' box for shipping all the time and use the 'Choose your own box' option. I have even used a MFR and clicked that option with no issue before.
The Regional A box are available online and they just drop em at your house. They are an in between size for their SFR and MFR boxes. Anything more than a fiver, goes in one of those. Hard to find online, so here's the link.
https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=1&atg.multisite.remap=false&categoryId=shipping-supplies&productId=P_RRB_A1

Also, Click n ship is the only way to go as well. So easy and cheap.

- KK33

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I use their Regional 'A' box for shipping all the time and use the 'Choose your own box' option. I have even used a MFR and clicked that option with no issue before.
The Regional A box are available online and they just drop em at your house. They are an in between size for their SFR and MFR boxes. Anything more than a fiver, goes in one of those. Hard to find online, so here's the link.
https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=1&atg.multisite.remap=false&categoryId=shipping-supplies&productId=P_RRB_A1

Also, Click n ship is the only way to go as well. So easy and cheap.

- KK33
Bad News along with the price increase they are eliminating the regional rate, it will be charged regular priority rate. USPS was loosing a lot of money on those regional rate boxes, especially the B and C sizes

Rating - 100%
41   0   0

I saw this in a post from Pete Johnson on ig. They used to use fed ex exclusively for shipping and have switched over to ups at the end of last year.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Bad News along with the price increase they are eliminating the regional rate, it will be charged regular priority rate. USPS was loosing a lot of money on those regional rate boxes, especially the B and C sizes
Thanks. I was only talking about using the Regional box itself, and not the rate. But good to know. Are they eliminating the boxes too?

- KK33

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
hmmm looks like they did away with their online discount to? SFR went from 5.25 > 6.80 online, marked same as retail! BS!!

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
hmmm looks like they did away with their online discount to? SFR went from 5.25 > 6.80 online, marked same as retail! BS!!
Yea, that's lame. Now I suppose it'll be more cost effective to go in, stand in line, and get parcel post rates. Genius move by an organization that's been hemorrhaging money since the 70's.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
USPS is horribly mismanaged...

but.. their inability to make money isnt 100% their fault..

Our illustrious congress likes to use the "tax" money collected by stamps and postage to run other government businesses and programs...

then the post office borrows money from the treasury to be able to continue to operate.. which it cant pay back.. because congress continues to take money from the post office to run other programs.. which sends the USPS back to the treasury to borrow more money.. and it goes on, and on, and on...

Private companies like UPS and FedX could run our mail services much more efficiently, affordably, reliably, etc.. no doubt...

But if congress allowed the mail to go 100% private.. it would lose one of its piggy banks that it loves to dip into when it doesnt want to ask for more "budget money" from other funding pools.. (FedX and UPS would tell Senator Shitstain to get bent if he called them demanding money...)..

Last edited:

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Soon enough the US Postal Service will be virtually out of business. There is simply no need for them, and the marketplace and Technology will bear this out, eventually.

It's $1 trillion cash cow, that should've been slaughtered long ago.