What's new

Usps!

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I hate the USPS! No offense to any postal workers who may be on here. I seriously don't know why I don't pay the extra two bucks for fedex.

Anyways, I ordered two Epernay Le Matins from NHC. As usual, I obessively tracked the package. So Friday I see that the status of the package is "Delivery Confirmed". I am very excited to get home from work and fire one up, except that when I got home, there was no package. I figured at the very least it will arive tomorrow, aka today. I see the mail truck pulling away as I get home from a round of golf but still no package. I called the 800 number and local post office to see what the heck is going on. Neither office can help, just log a case.

Has anyone ever had this happen, and if so, what was the outcome? AND what would be the next steps to take on my end? I already emailed Dan but haven't heard back yet.

What a bummer!!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I for one rather deal with usps than ups or fedex. Delivery confirmation really means nothing. I mean most any places will say, yes that means it was delivered but unless you have it signed for there isn't really much you can do. I doubt you'll have much luck with tracking down your package as all they do is look it up via the tracking number, which is what you have already done. Seems as though it was delivered but maybe it was picked up by someone esle...? Have you noticed anything missing lately? I just know from my own experience, unless it's signed for then your shooting in the dark. Still there may be hope, I'd just give them a call. Blaming this on usps isn't really fair. I mean why should they be responsible for your package once it was delivered? As much as I hate signing for packages, I'd rather do that than have one stolen. Good luck.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Update! I eat my words. This was an error on part of the mailman, he delivered it to another house, on another street, across town. He went and tracked down the package at the wrong address and personally delievered it to me. I am fully impressed with the level of customer service that was displayed. I tend to get frustrated and judgemental too quickly! But, in this instance the post office DID make an error but they corrected it faster than I ever would have hoped. I still stand by my statement of using fedex as opposed to the USPS, to each their own I suppose.

I actually had alot of luck tracking down this package, the guy at the local post office called the guy who made the delivery and they figured out it had been left at the wrong address. Sweet deal.

So again, this was me overreacting to a simple human error.

I guess matching the address on the box and address of the house is harder than it sounds!!! :grin:

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
It may just be a case to case basis, but I too am very impressed with the level of service from USPS.

My mail lady has my number in her phone and will occasionally call me to let me know I have a package. Something very nice, that I'm sure she isn't required to do. When I see her, I always stop to talk with her, and she is probably one of the friendliest people I know.

Then again, I have heard horror stories with packages being lost, and nothing being done about it.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
As a former mail carrier myself. It is not just matching addresses. It could have the same house number just wrong street. The main problem with being a carrier is the stress that is put on you. The supervisors want it done now so they have good numbers for their bonuses. Obviously you work in a low stress environment and never make a mistake. Sorry that you want to go to Fedex but the price you pay for their service is not a match to the USPS. That is my opinion though no I am not retired from the post office so I get nothing out of this. I always said I would let anyone try to deliver mail one day they would have a different opinion on the work.
Just my .02 sorry for venting.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I definitely prefer USPS. Very quick, Sat delivery. We know the mailman in our neighborhood, he's a great guy and he's never disappointed. I think it really comes down to who's delivering the mail. Get to know your mail carrier!

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I was just being a wise*ss. I understand it is more than matching numbers, which is why i added a :grin: at the end of that sentence. As I said, I was impressed with how quickly they resolved the issue but I have had a few bad experiences with the USPS and none with Fedex. Just my experience.

I actually have a highly stressful job as an IT consultant, and trust and believe I make plenty of mistakes, did you miss the part in my post about how I was impressed with how they quickly they righted their wrong? Hmmm maybe you missed that as well as the :grin: at the end of the matching addresses sentence. Jeez, you think I was talking directly about you and you mail delivering skills. Sorry if I hit a soft spot, I actually had a valid reason to be upset as a PAYING customer......and when the mailman fixed his mistake, I took time to post how I overreacted and "ate my words".

There really wasn't much of a need to make it personal man. I was just venting.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
So was I just venting no soft spot here. I just think as in any job walk in their shows that's was all I was saying. I'm sure you have a stressful job in IT. I have just seen so many people come and go as Postal employees because they think it's a cake job. Trust me we have a package right now that was delivered to the wrong address as we speak. But I know they will make it right. But it is all cool on my end have a great weekend and enjoy your cigars.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You may have not had any problem with UPS or FedEx YET, but trust me when you do, you won't be treated as kindly or as professionally as you were by your local post office. If it is a simple keystroke you may be in luck - anything more strenuous and you will be doing the legwork or driving down to a local hub to wait in line.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Ok I will give you my UPS experience. I also worked for them in the 90's when I got out of the Marines.
I ordered some fishing rods from Cabela's. I made the mistake and put a PO Box on the address. To give UPS credit the tried to deliver them to a Robert Best in the town I lived in. Honest mistake but my last name is Besst I know odd two Besst in the same town. I called UPS told them the package was delivered to the wrong address. They basically oh well tell Cabela's. They sent the same package to my home address this time. The same thing happened went to the wrong address. The problem is the address they was delivering to was a vacant house. It was obvious that it was vacant. So I again call UPS they gave me the same answer. So Cabela's sent he same order to me this time I received it at home. The sad part of the story is I also went to the vacant home and gathered the miss delivered packages. I called Cabela's told them I had them also. They said keep them UPS is already paying for them. I said are you sure they said yes it is there mistake. Maybe if the package driver would have gone to get them it would have saved them $359. This is my experience with UPS.

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Seems as though this can happen with anything involving humans. We make mistakes. I guess what makes each mistake different is how it is corrected. If this was UPS or Fedex that did this, I would've been just as upset. It just so happens that it was the USPS, and since I have had other issues with them in the past, I made a big stink about it. I am sure I am not alone in this; when you order something, from anywhere, shipped by anyone, you expect it to be handled properly. And if it is NOT, you get a bit weary. BUT as I said, they handled it expertly! I couldn't have asked for a better outcome, I mean the mailman was finished with his route, and he went out of the way to retrieve the package and bring it to me personally, and to me, that says alot about their customer service. Anyways, its all good because this story had a very happy ending and I got enjoy an awesome cigar!

Again, I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers!!!! I use the USPS all the time for trades, work, and whatnot.

And I have heard many horror stories about the lack of concern shown by UPS.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Glad your situation was resolved and in a professional manner. My experience over the years is that I seemed to like others got better service (problems resolved) through USPS then UPS or FedEx. Never had misshiped cigars through USPS yet, but have with UPS and FedEx. The only resolve I got out of the 2 latter carriers was that the folks that they were mis delivered to took it upon themselves to bring the cigars to my house. This has happened twice in just the last few months with UPS.

And as was stated Delivery confirmation means nothing, just that the package was delievered somewhere. Insurance is needed for proper tracking and then one needs to be there to receieve it.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I mean why should they be responsible for your package once it was delivered?
YES, if it was delivered to the wrong address......

And as you pointed out, there is really no way to tell. I am not sure how they track these things down when misdelivered but they do seem to accomplish it at times...

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I say when you get a package delivered to the proper address. Just give your carrier or package driver a hug. That is if you can catch them they are on a tight schedule. My UPS driver and Post Master threatens to come and smoke a cigar with me everyday. I tell them to come on and come to the dark side. Enjoy a smoke and a properly delivered package with me.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I say when you get a package delivered to the proper address. Just give your carrier or package driver a hug. That is if you can catch them they are on a tight schedule. My UPS driver and Post Master threatens to come and smoke a cigar with me everyday. I tell them to come on and come to the dark side. Enjoy a smoke and a properly delivered package with me.
:scratchhe Not sure of the hug part, but a good hand shake is fine :grin:.

Holiday times the wife and mother-in-law spoiles them with baked goods.

It seems the UPS and FedEx rotate their drivers every so often around here.

I live in the country and the USPS folks are the same for years and know everyone, which helps.