What's new

Usps

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The only problem with that method is the delivery confirmation. You can order bundles of the forms online for free, but you have to add the 50 cent postage to the box. I can either forgo putting DC on the box, which I don't like, or I can overpay postage with 2 39 cent stamps, which I also don't like. Either way, I can send out bombs from the comfort of my home without click-n-ship.....sswwwweeeeeet.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
yea... I would say that that is the easiest way.... but USPS sells the cheap scales for almost nothing... so if you dont want to over pay then you can go that route...

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I just dump mine in a mailbox in the evening (when its cooler so the cigars aren't cooking in there all day) and they come and pick them up at 7AM or whatever.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
tobby4 said:
yea... I would say that that is the easiest way.... but USPS sells the cheap scales for almost nothing... so if you dont want to over pay then you can go that route...

The weight isn't the issue. I'll never go over 16 ounces mailing out cigars. I'll overpay by paying more than 50 cents for delivery confirmation...unless I put a bunch of off cent stamps and configured it right. Being 30 cents or so over isn't that bad though. And plus, it's pretty easy. If I had the space for a printer I would have just gone that route. Ah well, 30 cents here and there isn't bad.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
joshua said:
I just dump mine in a mailbox in the evening (when its cooler so the cigars aren't cooking in there all day) and they come and pick them up at 7AM or whatever.

Josh, so you don't schedule a pickup?? Do you do click-n-ship? I think with click-n-ship it's scheduled for ya. If I could just throw it in there with no scheduled pickup that would be sweet. One less thing to remember and do.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Yeah I use click-n-ship. You can drop it off in any USPS mailbox. Usually the one by the P.O. has the best service of course. It says on there when its picked up when you open the lid.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Yeah with the click-n-ship it's a scheduled pickup. Well I guess I can schedule a pickup or drop it off in a USPS mailbox like you said. That's a pretty sweet idea, and I didn't even think of that. There is a post office a mile from my house..I leave for work before they open though. Good idea. Thanks bro.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Heres some info from the site:
How can I ship my package once I have the Click-N-Ship® postage label?

Online shipping is as convenient as your neighborhood mail box. You can drop your Priority Mail and domestic Express Mail pieces with PC Postage labels in any USPS collection box. Or you can:

Drop at local Post Office
Hand to your delivery carrier
Schedule a pickup online

Save a trip to the Post Office: Use Click-N-Ship with the U.S. Postal Service's Carrier pickup option to schedule free package pickup from your home or office when your carrier delivers your mail. Once you’ve completed your labels simply click on the Carrier pickup link to request next day pickup.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
MM would you be uncomfortable just handing it to the carrier that comes to your place of employment? You could even give it to whoever mails stuff out. Might make some people nervous but I don't see how it would matter. Congrats on the new job by the way.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
FPDoc77 said:
MM would you be uncomfortable just handing it to the carrier that comes to your place of employment? You could even give it to whoever mails stuff out. Might make some people nervous but I don't see how it would matter. Congrats on the new job by the way.
Thanks for the congrats! I never see the carrier...I'm wayyyyyy to busy to try to hand the carrier mail. I can just go online the night before and schedule a pickup...I'm not too lazy to do that. But thanks for the thought.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
I think I have an old printer lying around that you could have but the shipping would likely almost as much as a new printer.
I appreciate the offer Todd! Extremely generous...but goin over by 30 cents here and there won't kill me. I really don't have room for a printer to be honest...that's why I haven't picked one up. I'm on the go alot with my laptop and don't have a desk at home.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I use click and ship and just drop it off at the PO or leave it for my mail lady. I try not to do it all the time though cause I feel bad.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Yea sorry Jason it is $4.05, I forgot about the price increase! Also, check and see what different cent stamps you can get. I know they come in a variety of cents .39, .5, .2, etc. I know the extra cents won't kill ya, but ya know.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know around here some grocery stores have post offices in them. Those post offices are usually open later. I been to one at 8:00pm.