What's new

V-Cutter or not to V

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have my humidor at 68% (ends up being 66% at the bottom and 68% at the top.) I think its just a me problem lol. Im not very coordinated, so I have a hard time closing both the sides of the guillotine with the same amount of pressure.
Yeah...using a guillotine cutter can present that problem. The thing to do is place the cutter on a flat surface and then put the cigar into the cutter and then slowly close the cutter until it makes contact with the cigar.....then squeeze the cutter in a firm motion to ensure a good cut. Cuban Crafters makes a great cutter called.... wait for it.... Perfect Cutter!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yeah...using a guillotine cutter can present that problem. The thing to do is place the cutter on a flat surface and then put the cigar into the cutter and then slowly close the cutter until it makes contact with the cigar.....then squeeze the cutter in a firm motion to ensure a good cut. Cuban Crafters makes a great cutter called.... wait for it.... Perfect Cutter!
Is that one of those geared cutters? I've thought about getting one of those. Supposed to make it so both halves close exactly the same rate every time.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Google Perfect Cutter...what this cutter does is cut off an appropriate amount of tobacco from the head of the cigar...not too much or too little. The way to cut evenly is to ensure that you let the blade come into contact with the head....then snap it with appropriate force to get a clean cut.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I prima use a Xikar VX2 unless the cigar is a torpedo or perfecto shape. For torpedo shape I use a Swiss Army Knife that has a scissor cutter.its my every day carry knife. The Swiss Army cigar cutter is very sharp and does a great job.

291C3536-BECD-4091-A83E-207B1DE1A563.jpeg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like punches! Im not very good with traditional style cutters. Somehow, no matter what I have like a 70% chance of cracking the cap with them haha. So punches it is!
Same here! Seems to travel in my pocket easier due to size too.