What's new

V-Cutters Are Easy Peasy - Simply the Best

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I began with the normal guillotine cutter. But I found it's a lot of muss and fuss.
So I tried the Punch Cutter. Aside from the drawback that it won't work on Torpedos, I found alot of Fuss and not consistent results.
So finally I tried a V-Cutter and found that it's easy peasy. Consistent excellent results. Can't see why anyone would use anything else.
BTW For those who like Key Chain devices.
I just bought the Xikar VX Key Chain Cutter from JR for $25.00.
The metal one is selling for $27.00 on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Cutter-Attractive-Lifetime-Warranty-Silver/dp/B00O2BNP2S/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1544836642&sr=8-5&keywords=vx xikar cigar cutter

One Caution: The Xikar doesn't cut as deep as other cutters. But it does the job well. Just to be sure I do sometimes cut in an X shape.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I emailed them and they never responded.
I know in this day in age, we all expect customer service centers to handle emails efficiently. However some still respond to voice calls faster and email response can be hit or miss. Shame on them.

That said, I would give them a call given Xikar products are not considered throwaway products. I wouldn’t let their lack of an email response negate their lifetime warrenty.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Also, any shop that sells Xikar will typically honor warranty claims. My local shop will take your old broken thing and give you a new shiny thing on the spot.

On topic, I also love the V cutter. I have the Colibri, and it is my go to. I am relatively new in my cigar career and have probably cut about 50-60 cigars with it, but in that sample size I've had 0 issues. I recently got a Palio to mix things up (and its a bit more portable), and I find the V more reliable and simpler. On very small RGs I don't push the head in all the way, otherwise with more typical 48+ RG it's impossible to screw up.

Nothing wrong with the other types, the V is just a little faster and easier for me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife got me a xikar V cutter for Christmas but I’ve not used it yet. I have an el’ cheapo V in my desk that works just fine. I X cut about everything anymore.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This happens 85-80% of the time I try to use my Xikar V cut.

V cut sucks.
V cutters are only as good as the quality they are made of....one thing about using them properly is to moisten the head first...dry wrappers tend to crack easily. The better and sharper the unit the better it will work. Cheap V cutters suck....to that I agree. I bought a few V cutters....back in 2000 I purchased the best ones in the Industry...Boston V Cutter....the big unit and the smaller one. I also bought the quad stainless steel one....these are so good they never need sharpening and work like brand new.

Coolbreeze81

Always tired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a really nice cutter... where, may I ask, did you find this? There are a lot of fakes and cheap ones out there...
My local bricks and mortar cigar place and barber shop. They are lucky I get my hair cut every two weeks, so they put the barber shop in the back like the grocery store hides the milk. I’m always buying shit walking through :)

http://www.villagecigarcompany.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was all about the deep colibri v for a while, but lately Ive trended back to the punch most often.
I just bought a cheep key ring punch from Famous for some box pressed sticks with really flat caps , I wasn't sure how to cut them so I ordered the punch.
Got to say I like it a lot ,I have had no trouble with it at all and use it on all my cigars now
Will probably need to buy a better quality one soon

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
vcutter.jpg I bought this 3 years ago and it cuts great......2 Straight And 2 V Cutters..nice thing about this is that it has small and large cut for any size cigar. It goes for $47 plus there is a site ( hint....Famous Smokes with BOTL discount code ) that offers 17% off.....so the total is $39.84. The site will give you the discount as long as your purchase is at least $50....so buy one cigar and you're good to go.

Last edited: