What's new

V-Cutters Are Easy Peasy - Simply the Best

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
no cutter type works easier/better than other cutters really, you just need to make sure the one you have is sharp AF. personally I think punch is most convenient and use it for anything aside from tapered caps. then i'll grab my other cutters.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 129587 I bought this 3 years ago and it cuts great......2 Straight And 2 V Cutters..nice thing about this is that it has small and large cut for any size cigar. It goes for $47 plus there is a site ( hint....Famous Smokes with BOTL discount code ) that offers 17% off.....so the total is $39.84. The site will give you the discount as long as your purchase is at least $50....so buy one cigar and you're good to go.
It’s great for a stationary cutter but difficult to carry inside a pocket.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I’m digging up this old thread to say I’m a recent v-cut convert. I’ve always been straight cut guy, considering other cutters/punches just a gimmick and never giving them the time of day.

I got a free Palio v-cutter in a promotion a while back and it’s sat unused for months. On a whim, I decided to give it a go, and I have to say, it may be my new go-to. The cut is small and shallow, but clean, and provides plenty of airflow in most cases.

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I use v-cut for larger ring sizes 45 and up or for smaller cigars that never have draw issues (most NC's) I've been using the guillotine for smaller ring sizes that are more prone to draw issues (mostly CC's ring size 40-45)

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I use v-cut for larger ring sizes 45 and up or for smaller cigars that never have draw issues (most NC's) I've been using the guillotine for smaller ring sizes that are more prone to draw issues (mostly CC's ring size 40-45)
View attachment 144877
I use the same 3 cutters 95% of the time. Only use the Colibri on 58RG or larger. Once in awhile I’ll use my Xikar VX cutter on smaller RG but the VX2 well over 50% of the time.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Love my Palio straight cutter. Lifetime, no questions asked warranty...They will replace it on the spot at any authorized dealer or by mail. Hard to find that kind of guarantee on anything these days.

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I really want a v cutter, but it will probably be a while before I get one. Need to decide between colibri, xikar, or other.
Watch the deals on cigar monster, typically free shipping and they sell them as low as half price. I have both colibri and xikar and either one is fine, I think the older xikar wasn't deep enough for some folks

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I got a palio v cutter from an order from cigarpage a while back. I really want to like it, but feels strange while smoking. Undecided as of today if it's a go-to or not

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The colibri V cut is really deep, but I do prefer a more open draw, my guillotines hardly make it to the party anymore.