What's new

Valentine's Day Wine

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Picked this up based on a reccomendation from seamus.

Tasting Notes

Tasting Notes

Our Columbia Valley Merlot is soft, rich and easy to enjoy, while offering plenty of complexity. Attractive aromas of dusty cherry, ginger, cinnamon and cedar lead to layers of concentrated cherry fruit flavors. This wine has the structure and fruit-driven power that is characteristic of Washington Merlot.
Current Vintage Fact Sheet, Acclaim, and Past Vintages
Find Our Washington Wines

The Vineyards
  • Sourced from Columbia Valley vineyards in eastern Washington including our Cold Creek and Canoe Ridge Estate vineyards, as well as vineyards on the Wahluke Slope.
  • Columbia Valley vineyards lie in the rain shadow of the Cascade Mountains and receive just 6-8 inches of rainfall annually.
  • Warm, sunny days and cool evening temperatures create ideal conditions for intense aroma and flavor development in the ripening grapes.
  • Sandy soils with low fertility and low water-holding capacity enable precise control of vine growth.
Heritage of Acclaim
  • ★★★★ Restaurant Wine (2001 Vintage)
  • 88 pts. & Smart Buy Wine & Spirits (2000 Vintage)
  • 93 pts. & Top 10 Merlots Wine & Spirits (1999 Vintage)

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
by no means am I a wine expert, but in my limited experience I have found alot of Washington merlot/cab blends and red zins that are divine!

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Grilled some steaks tonight

paired them with a cabernet sauvignon from 1992. Fisher wedding vineyard napa valley.
Very nice full bodied wine.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I'm not a big wine drinker but had some Kendall Jackson Chardonnay with dinner tonight.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I new to wine, however the fiance and I had a house cabernet sauvignon at the restaurant tonight. Very enjoyable, had a nice berry taste.