What's new

Value of a Small Pipe Collection

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Rather than post a bunch of pics that may serve to annoy, I thought I'd ask the question first:
Would anyone be so kind as to provide some insight as to what pipes I have in a small collection that I inherited?

I think there are 5-6 pipes, and I was told one is a Ben Wade.

I love cigars, and they have been my passion for about 20 years now. I might want to trade the pipes for cigars, or just sell them if there's any value.

Anyway, please PM me if you would like to provide your expert analysis....Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Clint

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I say sell them individually, that way they will be available to the particular style that individual may seek.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
If I were you, I'd keep them. You might enjoy a pipe 5 or 10 years from now.

I'd love to see a few pics too!

A number of factors come in to play with an estate pipe: not just name & date -it's very difficult to accurately judge the condition of the briar or use/wear by photos... But it's nice to see them anyway!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easiest thing to do is go to e-bay, do a search for "pipes" plus whatever name appears on your pipes, and you'll more than likely get a bunch of matches. See what they go for and you'll have an idea of what yours are worth.

In my experience, the most valuable pipes are Peterson, Savinelli, Dunhill, Kaywoodie, and a couple of others. There are many older pipes (called "estate pipes") that collectors seem to be nuts about.

Good luck!