What's new

Varnished vs Unvarnished

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
234   0   0
ohpus said:
OK. How old are you? I'll be 34 end of the month and for the first time, I feel like I'm getting older!!!! I find myself scratching my ass more often like my dad does!!! Now that is sad!!!!!
ohpus, your considered old when you start sniffing after scratching. I'll be 39 on Fathers Day. I am getting older, but no way even close to being a FOG or sniff after scratching. I am just a Newbie here to learn what I can. Glad I stopped looking for the shellacked stick the other day because of this thread :sadstare: .

Far as varnished, some sticks are made from very high quality tobacco that if stored properly in a varnished box has a better ability to age for many years (like decades) if left undisturbed. The flavors are better kept inside and develop and change to more a mellow taste and aroma as well as lose the bitter/tanic or harshness often found in fresher sticks. The varnish limits the O2 and RH moisture exchange more than most other types of storage thereby slowing down the maturation process giving the cigar a better change to develop even more. Similar to storing them sealed tight in A/T (aluminum tubes) or wrapped in foil. Do they get better is always going to be a question to personal taste. That is why they make chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. Many sticks are very good early on and simply go flat when they get older. You can bet those in varnished boxes are meant to be there a long, long time. Now excuse me whilst I scratch my ass.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
ohpus said:
I don't think we need to know about your package!!!!!
FPDoc77 said:
CWS has a package? :)
Oh youth, so fleeting and so jealous. :tongueout I think I'll go down to LA and meet up with AZ Steel man tomorrow and talk about you kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.