What's new

Vegas Robania Don Alejandros

havanaphile

Banned
Rating - 75%
4   1   0
This EMS DC had a light dusting of plume on its dark rosado wrapper, which makes sense, as it was made in March of 99 at the H. Upmann factory. The wrapper's color and appearance were excelent, and the triple cap on top told that this was made by a top of the line torcedor. Cutting it was easy, and as I lit it with a cedar spill, a definate cedary, leathery taste came across with a smooth and creamy texture. This cigar's perfect draw belied the firm feel it had. It had that Vegas Robania earthiness to it, albeit a slight bit dry.

Every puff brought across alot of flavor, and with few exceptions of some stalwart parts of the wrapper, it burnt evenly with the tell-tale Robania ash--first bone white, then turning to a blend of grey and brown as it cools. It felt wonderful to have a cigar like this after such a long time.

To describe smoking this cigar as a mere "reverie" would be an understatement. It was a thourough two-hour break from reality.

As the cigar progressed, it changed, as the tones of earth and cedar subsided half way to give way to spices, in particular cardamin and cinnamon, with the flavor of good Cuban tobacco firmly in the background. As it progressed it turned into a powerhouse with the taste of fresh red peppers dominating. I smoked it until less than an inch was left, loving it all the way to the powerfull peppery finish. With regards to its changing flavor profile, it had some simmilarities with a Trinidad: there was never a dull moment.

This is a great cigar, which given its box code from '99 stands in stark contrast to much of what was produced in that time frame. Speaking of that, has anyone had any bad VRs from this time? I, for one have not.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 2000 Vegas Robaina Classico I've been sitting on since receiving it in a booty-bomb from a member here. I was originally planning to let it rest another year, but after reading your review, I may be firing that puppy up tonight!