What's new

Venison back strap recipe.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Going to attempt a venison back strap this weekend. I have never cooked one of those so I looking for info please. Right now I am leaning towards grilling it, but I am open to suggestions. Thanks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Butterfly it, Tenderize it, and Country Fry it. With some mashed taders and home made gravy and either black eye pees or field pees.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
I'm probably not much help. Back strap never lasted to long. After we skinned, quartered and cut up all the meat. The back strap went into a frying pan with butter and we ate it as fast as it would come out of the skillet standing around the stove. No plates, no silverware.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Make sure all the sliver skin is off.. if you want to get it tender soak it in butter milk for A few days and when you go to grill it season to taste and Low and slow ndirect heat 200 degree's for 2-3 hours then grill on flame for 20 mins cut against the grain.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I'm probably not much help. Back strap never lasted to long. After we skinned, quartered and cut up all the meat. The back strap went into a frying pan with butter and we ate it as fast as it would come out of the skillet standing around the stove. No plates, no silverware.

Hahaha.., that visual made me laugh.

I am finding a lot of "bacon wrapped" recipes.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0

Hahaha.., that visual made me laugh.

I am finding a lot of "bacon wrapped" recipes.
Hahahahaha we would still be in our bloody hunting clothes and everything. Lucky if we washed our hands.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
+1 to all of the above...

make sure the silver membrane is removed..

be careful if try to cook it low/slow.. almost no fat in the backstrap.. youll dry it out if you dont watch it closely..

I prefer to cook it hot/fast.. on either a very hot grill (450+) or country fry them on the stove..

My favorite way to prepare is to cut the backstrap into medallions.. tenderize the hell out of them (i.e. beat the crap out of them with a tenderizing hammer).. soak them in buttermilk.. then bread them with flour, pepper and a couple of other secret ingredients.. then pan fry them....

Damn.. now Im hungry for deer.. gotta go pull some out of the freezer so I can have a mid day snack :)

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
I usually paint my face like braveheart and eat it raw, right out in the field, screaming "FREEDOM" to myself.

Seriously though, do butterfly it. Do grill it. Do soak in butter first. If done correctly you can cut it with a plastic fork it's so tender.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
This is the blackstrap, which is now in a buttermilk bath until tomorrow. So, you think one this size should be butterflied?