What's new

Vermouth?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Are you going to make a thread about every single libation?

Rating - 100%
46   0   0

^ Antica Formula ^ - the only vermouth I touch for a manhattan. I only use rye. 99% of the time I use rittenhouse, but sometimes I mix it up. Few drops of Orange bitters & REAL cherries (Luxardo)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
You point the glass toward France, and that's all the vermouth you need... the rest is gin, water, and olive.
^^^ this ^^^

Handle vermouth like a married man handles a hottie in a bikini while walking on the beach with his wife..

Let your whiskey catch a brief glimpse of the vermouth only.. never let it actually touch... else the bitters gets jealous and treats you like shit for the rest of your vacation...

:)

Rating - 100%
107   0   0

^ Antica Formula ^ - the only vermouth I touch for a manhattan. I only use rye. 99% of the time I use rittenhouse, but sometimes I mix it up. Few drops of Orange bitters & REAL cherries (Luxardo)
^^^^^
This. Has areal nice herbal bitterness that balances the sweetness. Paired with a Rye and it's perfect!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
A few months ago, after doing a lot of online research, I picked up a bottle of the Antica to make manhattans too. I didn't like the cocktail I made, but I might have used too much of the vermouth. I will have to revisit it.

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
A few months ago, after doing a lot of online research, I picked up a bottle of the Antica to make manhattans too. I didn't like the cocktail I made, but I might have used too much of the vermouth. I will have to revisit it.
It's all about the right ratio. I do 3/4oz vermouth to 2oz rye, but that is to my tastes

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I think the recipe I had was maybe 2 to 1. I remember it clashing with the sweetness of the luxardo cherry.
That is the typical ratio, but I think its too much vermouth - for my tastes, I like the whiskey to be a bit more forward. Which is why I like the 3/4 oz vermouth to 2oz rye

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
^^^ this ^^^

Handle vermouth like a married man handles a hottie in a bikini while walking on the beach with his wife..

Let your whiskey catch a brief glimpse of the vermouth only.. never let it actually touch... else the bitters gets jealous and treats you like shit for the rest of your vacation...

In your analogy, the wives are "the bitters." I feel like even the analogy could get married men in trouble.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
^^^ this ^^^

This! I was working in making manhattan s with a single malt scotch and it's all about having the right ratios!