What's new

Very Disappointed...

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I recently won a fiver of Ashton VSG Illusion from Cbid. I received them Tuesday, and was very disappointed. One had a 1.25" piece of wrapper missing. Three others had crooked or loose bands. Only one was something that I would have purchased if I was at the B&M. I sent them an email Tuesday night and as of 7:00pm this evening, I have not heard from them. I have never been disappointed with any of my other purchases from them but this pisses me off!
:angryteet :argh:
Anyone else ever have trouble with Cbid or CI?

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Not like that, I have noticed that I get some that are looser than I would have pick at my B&M. Then again I don't purchase much from CBid

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
and the few times I had a problem, I was extremely satisfied with their customer service. Only once did I have to send another email to them because I did not receive a response within 24 hours. They apologized and proceeded in their typical professional fashion.

Drop them another email, I'm confident that they will take care of you. I do understand, however, you feeling upset.

Just my two cents!

Sam

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
call there eight hundred number and bitch a frickin' blue streak, they'll honor your request. I stopped getting stuff from there because there quality sucks and I got tired of having to send stuff back. There humidors there bust be horible because almost everything I've ever received has been dried out and cracked.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Okay how bout this one. I won a Casa Fuente churchill from them. They sent it and it was terrible. Cap was lifted off and the wrapper was ripped half way down the cigar. I too sent them an email and their reply was this. They would send me a box with return postage for me to send the cigar back. When they got it back, then they would send me a new one. Or they would send me a new one with the box, but they would have to charge me the $32 I paid for the 1st again, until they got the damaged one back. 1 1/2 days later I sent them an email back saying just to charge me and send the new one on. About 3 days later I see they have 2 more Casa's up for bid. After about a week of hearing nothing I sent them an email asking where my cigar was. You can imagine how pissed I was to hear they were out of the Casa's and wouldn't be getting any more in. Especially because in the middle of the fiasco they had put more up for bid. I sent them a nasty email and the mgr said he had made his bosses aware of the situation to see what could be done. Nothing was ever done, but they have in all my packages since, packed with extra care. Bad business, but obviously not bad enough to keep me away. :squinteye

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
The only bad experience I had was a bundle of incredibly tight lancero's I won about 2 years ago.I emailed, and called, and emailed, and was told a few weeks later that I would receive a ship tag for the return. I waited about 2 weeks to get it and in the time that I was waiting, I had tried to smoke about 3 more and tossed about 5 more in the trash. I ended up just eating the $14-15 bucks I spent on the bid and just lumped it up to a very very busy vendor.

I know that they deal in a huge volume of accounts and while that's no excuse for crappy service, I'm sure that I was only the 3-4% of the ones that fall through the cracks.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have had only one problem with my purchases where the wrapper by the foot was cracked. Not a big deal to me, still smokeable, but not something I would send to another brother as a gift.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I know that they deal in a huge volume of accounts and while that's no excuse for crappy service, I'm sure that I was only the 3-4% of the ones that fall through the cracks.
Actually this is kindof what I thought. It just sucked that it was a Casa Fuente. I will say the next super premium single I got from them came with a humi pillow inside so I at least felt they were trying to make sure the same didn't happen again. :blob:

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've had 3-4 problems with cigars arriving damaged. However, that's out of quite a few shipments that I have received! In every case where I have contacted customer service for a return, they have been terrific. I was always impressed with their willingness to fix the problem and committment in actually doing so. I don't purchase much from cbid anymore, but that's for other reasons besides what this subject is concerning.

Trilobyte

Herfing Chief
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
CBID seems best with normal smokes, but I would not consider bidding on super premiums with them though.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well I heard back from them. They said their email was down and apologized. They offered to refund my money or replace them with a different sized VSG as they were out of the Illusion. I am somewhat mollified but I will let you know the final resolution.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I recently won a fiver of Ashton VSG Illusion from Cbid. I received them Tuesday, and was very disappointed. One had a 1.25" piece of wrapper missing. Three others had crooked or loose bands.
I can understand being disappointed over a physically damaged cigar ... but crooked or loose bands? :scratchhe

Are you one of those people who when they go to the store to buy some frozen pizza and come across some boxes with smashed corners ... will then spend 5 extra minutes looking for undamaged boxes? Come on now - tell the truth.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I am convinced that Cigars International uses their CBID forum to unload product. Loose cigars, partial boxes from deal sales, discontinued etc. There is bound to be many bargins and a few problems in the mix. My daddy always said you can hunt for a bargin but usually you get what you pay for.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I only mentioned the bands because their fit was so different from any of the other cigars I have had in the past including the Thompson cheapos my wife bought me. I have never seen bands this bad before. I was surprised as these were on a VSG. I will say that on another trip to my B&M I inspected the VSG's there and the Illusion had the most flaws out of the several different sizes they had. Maybe I got the bottom of the barrel. I bought these to send to someone. If I was keeping these for myself I wouldn't care about the bands but when I am sending them on I don't want people to think I send them my crap.

Thats what the Cheapos are for!