What's new

Viaje Is aging really well.

Rating - 100%
99   0   0
I just had a TNT and whoa. I really didn't like it when it came out. Thought the flavor was muddied and young. They have aged into a great stick that I will start smoking through my back stock. A lot of the viaje that I had bought 2 years ago just wasn't in my taste profile which made me stop buying viaje. The only sticks I loved new were the exclusivo series which don't age as well. I can't wait to try some of the C4 and the skull and bones that I have hidden away.

What is everyone else's thoughts?

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Nice !

time to revisit the old V still life humi, as i had my kool-aid fill awhile ago.

in for 1 zombie ss or 2 perhaps.

Thanks !

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I had a few Skull and Bones that were fresh and just OK, not worth the price tag though. I still picked up a few more just because. After letting them sit around for 8-9 months they got a lot better. I have two more Big Ivans that I'm going to let it for at least a year, we'll see how it goes.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Yea, I also find that they age really well. Fresh, I like the Exlcusivo and Late Harvest, but other than those I age them. I still have a bunch of Exclusivo Lanceros, though, and those are aging just fine. Had my first of my 2 samples of the OR Tower 45th recently, and that was a winner too.

The Skull and Bones in particular ages very well. I didn't care for the original MOAB or WMD when they came out (3rd release), but they aged very well. I still have some, and they already have that nice aged tobacco quality to the. Good stuff!

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
I just had a TNT and whoa. I really didn't like it when it came out. Thought the flavor was muddied and young. They have aged into a great stick that I will start smoking through my back stock. A lot of the viaje that I had bought 2 years ago just wasn't in my taste profile which made me stop buying viaje. The only sticks I loved new were the exclusivo series which don't age as well. I can't wait to try some of the C4 and the skull and bones that I have hidden away.

I have always liked Viaje. The TNT you are talking about, is it the OR or the second release (I'm pretty sure there have only been two but correct me if I am wrong)? The OR does not have the hole on the cap.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Ive smoked a couple of Satori from the 2011 release in the past couple of months that we absolutely outstanding...

Im not a huge viaje fan at all.. but these were simply excellent smokes.. Im thinking with another year or so on them... they would have been even better...

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0

Agree on TNT totally

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I've been a Viaje pessimist for about a year (since Frakas went to the "limited edition only" thing). However, this thread makes me wanna reconsider. Good to know that they are blossoming nicely :)

Edit: I'm kinda pissed that I sold / gifted so many early on. Satori especially.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Had a Exclusivo Shorty two weeks and it was awesome. Way better than than I remember. Had an Exclusivo lancero last week and also awesome. Lighting up a OR Exclusivo Tower 45th tonight. I'm interested to compare it to the others and hoping its as good or better than I remember.