What's new

Viaje Platino Reserva Quick Review

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I finally had a chance to smoke this cigar...

The opening was somewhat nutty, with that characteristic flavor I always get from criollo cigars... sort of like wheat, and plenty of black pepper. Strength was medium, but flavor was strong, clean and consistent.

Draw and burn were perfect, with tons of smoke.

In the middle the cigar transitioned and became more earthy and picked up power. The taste moved darker... sort of bitter cocoa and the black pepper increased somewhat. This profile continued to the nub.

If you like Cruzado or the Viaje Exclusivo you should really enjoy this cigar. The aging of the tobacco and the quality of the construction really show. I highly recommend this cigar.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
thanks for the review. i have a few of these in the humi and have smoked only 1 so far... the 1 i have smoked lacked the spice you had in yours, actually the oro reserva was spicey and the platina more sweet... weird!fantastic smoke though!
Posted via Mobile Device

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
thanks for the review. i have a few of these in the humi and have smoked only 1 so far... the 1 i have smoked lacked the spice you had in yours, actually the oro reserva was spicey and the platina more sweet... weird!fantastic smoke though!
Posted via Mobile Device
I would have to agree with you my friend, I smoked my first last Saturday and was expecting more from the Platino Reserva. I plan on going to my B&M today and giving the Oro Reserva a try.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Posted via Mobile Device

That is strange. I found the platino more spicy than the oro... I guess this calls for a trip to my B&M for more research on the subject... Work, work, work.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Thanks for the review. I have not had this Viaje cigar yet either. I wish i had a local who carried this brand. I've only had the Viaje Holiday and #6 Plantino and loved them both. I really want to try the others as well and can't wait for the DE Swords.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
That is strange. I found the platino more spicy than the oro... I guess this calls for a trip to my B&M for more research on the subject... Work, work, work.
get back to work!! and make sure you take some work home with you (if you really like it) cause out by me they are sold out.... gone.... peace'd out....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had this cigar today! I had about the same experince as you. Thank you for the review! There was definitely that change around the 2/3 to final third of the cigar - you described it to be a "bitter cocoa" and I fully agree that it also picked up greater strength, especially towards the nub.

Thanks again!