What's new

"Viaje Reserva"

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I had a reserva yesterday at Empire Cigars, Larry. Hal's got some out on the counter. I liked the Holiday Blend better...

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I had a reserva yesterday at Empire Cigars, Larry. Hal's got some out on the counter. I liked the Holiday Blend better...
Shane, I really enjoyed the Holiday Blend myself, which blend did you smoke of the Reserva....Oro or Platino?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I smoked the Reserva Platino and its my favorite Viaje to date. Going for the Oro tonight. Time to track down a box.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I smoked the Reserva Platino and its my favorite Viaje to date. Going for the Oro tonight. Time to track down a box.
With the exception of the "Holiday Blend", the Platino Line has always been my favorite, especially the Platino Lancero!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Larry...NHC say this cigar is made using aged ligero. However Tower Cigars says Corojo........So does anybody know for sure?
Thomas, the Reserva is available in two different blends, the Oro and Platino.

Oro
Wrapper: Nicaragua Corojo '99 Cafe
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

Platino
Wrapper: Nicaragua Corojo '99
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua

Until I hear back from Andre, I have to assume the above info is correct.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Larry...NHC say this cigar is made using aged ligero. However Tower Cigars says Corojo........So does anybody know for sure?
It could be both since Corojo is a strain dependent on seed and ligero just depends on where it is grown on the plant.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Here's the response I just received from Viaje Cigars....

Hi Larry. Thanks for your inquiry. I dont have Andre right now, but to answer your question, the difference is the age of the tobacco. There is far more age on the tobacco used in Reserva. Also, we added some aged ligero to both blends giving them a hair more strength compared to the regular lines, Oro particularly. These take a tremendous amount of time to roll which is why they will only be offered twice a year.

In the future if you don't mind, post questions on our Facebook page so the community can benefit as well. Andre does his best to check the page and answer questions.

I hope that helps.

Al Duffrin
Account Executive
Viaje Cigar Company
www.viajecigars.com

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Many sites are notorious for putting up bad date regarding the specific tobaccos used. I have found that NHC is pretty trustworthy on those matters.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
when I spoke to Andre he told me it was all Nicarguan tobacco with Corojo wrapper.

He never did tell me about ligero tobaccos used in the filler. So I put on my
site exactly what he said.

I have now idea what the filler consists of. Andre usually doesn't
tell me specifics.

I wish I could have been more specific with the tobacco descriptions on the
site

Mark