What's new

Viaje Satori

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Anyone here know ANYTHING at all about this stick and blend?? I know there are 3 sizes, but the specific vitolas/specs have yet to be released, and not sure if they even will be prior to the IPCPR event coming up. The box pics on the Viaje Facebook page look pretty cool IMO....not that I'd buy just b/c of that, hence why I'm trying to find out a little more info (if any is out there).

Last edited:

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Anyone here know ANYTHING at all about this stick and blend?? I know there are 3 sizes, but the specific vitolas/specs have yet to be released, and not sure if they even will be prior to the IPCPR event coming up. The box pics on the Viaje Facebook page look pretty cool IMO....not that I'd buy just b/c of that, hence why I'm trying to find out a little more info (if any is out there).
Info from my source is that there are 3 vitolas, and there will be 150 boxes for each size...one of the sizes is rumored to be a double pressed perfecto, and they are to be released at the show...

~brooks

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Well.....there is a "Red label" 50/50 coming out, so I suppose that could be the reversed black label Ben. Have you heard the Sartori is a double blend like the 50/50.

And Brooks I heard something about a box-pressed Double Perfecto as well. That would be nice....not too many of those out there these days.

Rating - 100%
94   0   0
You sure about that?? To my knowledge there are TWO releases coming up for this event. The Red 50/50, and the Sartori....separate sticks.
my understanding was it was the same stick...if it's two separate sticks then i just lost all respect for viaje...5 limited releases in two months = piss poor product

Rating - 100%
94   0   0
my understanding was it was the same stick...if it's two separate sticks then i just lost all respect for viaje...5 limited releases in two months = piss poor product
just found a legitimate source...looks like it is two separate blends...sorry for the confusion.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If ever there was a need for some cigar company to make Pete's number of limited releases seem reasonable... Viaje has filled that need, haha

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I agree.....it would be nice if some of these Viaje LE's became part of Andre's regular line.......Skull & Bones for one. Really enjoyed that stick, and in a Corona Gorda vitola.....man, that thing would be awesome.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
If ever there was a need for some cigar company to make Pete's number of limited releases seem reasonable... Viaje has filled that need, haha
U got that right. I still love em though! And i have the receipts from 15.5 boxes to prove it!:hysterica I was finally able to pull the trigger on my first box of tat reserva's in the spring because Andre keeps releasing all these damn sticks!:grin:

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I don't know that I would go that far...all of the LE releases have at LEAST been worth the money I paid for them, and two of them (the Skull and Bones and the DES) are damn good...

Just because they are releasing quite a few LEs does NOT mean that the sticks they are releasing are all horrible, by any means...

~brooks

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
BTW, my source also has told me that there is the possibility that most of these LEs will be released at the same time every year, in the same blend and vitolas...so, Satori would be released this year around August (350 boxes total) then 350 more boxes next year, etc...

This is unconfirmed, but from a good source....so take it for what you will...

~brooks

Rating - 100%
94   0   0
I don't know that I would go that far...all of the LE releases have at LEAST been worth the money I paid for them, and two of them (the Skull and Bones and the DES) are damn good...

Just because they are releasing quite a few LEs does NOT mean that the sticks they are releasing are all horrible, by any means...

~brooks
to each his own in taste...i haven't had a viaje limited release that i would personally rate in the 90+ arena...skull and bones was a powerhouse with minimal flavor, and des just might be their best limited release, or stick ever made but it still fall short imho.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0

~brooks
That's the problem I have Brooks....I've enjoyed em' all so far, which makes it hard to pass up.....at least until he throws out a dud. And I agree, I don't think Quality Control or shooting em' out too fast is the problem. Maybe he just needs more access to tobacco to create bigger production runs....I dunno. That's speculation on my part, but was a conversation I had with a shop owner just yesterday, who was wondering the same thing.

Rating - 100%
94   0   0
it's not a basis of just too many limited releases that i believe viaje will be missing in my humidor. i'm looking at releases that are non-original and almost complete tat and dpg copies (minus the summerfest paintbrush). viaje just has blends that don't suit my fancy, and in this day and age, there are many more different cigar brands and blends that deliver the complexity, nuances, and profiles that i believe are exceptional in comparison.

combine all this with the excessive limited releases that one would have to shell out for in efforts to find a really good one (des) and it's just not worth the time for someone that has only a couple hundred a month for cigars...

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Hey, no worries Ben....you're not on blast bro....LOL! I'm sure there are far more out there that feel the way you do than how I do. Just part of the beauty of the game.... different smokes for different folks :grin:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
not feeling all the viaje hype. This brand doesn't really have it's own identity.

like the oros? well yeah, but my humi's full of tat browns. how about the platinos? really good smokes, too bad i've just bought a box of DPG blacks. How about robustos from the jar? Hmm... tat black CG OR anyone? the Skull and Bones are awesome? really? because I've got some T110's that are pretty kick a**

they make pretty good smokes, but what's with all the smoke and mirrors? i don't need the hoopla. I want to believe in the brand as well as enjoy the smokes. if you look at all the top NC cigar brands, they each have their own identity, something different to offer. Tat, Padron, DPG, Fuente, they all bring something different to the table. What is Viaje bringing that's really new from a company standpoint?

just my $.02

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That's the problem I have Brooks....I've enjoyed em' all so far, which makes it hard to pass up.....at least until he throws out a dud. And I agree, I don't think Quality Control or shooting em' out too fast is the problem. Maybe he just needs more access to tobacco to create bigger production runs....I dunno. That's speculation on my part, but was a conversation I had with a shop owner just yesterday, who was wondering the same thing.
I think it is his business model more than limited amounts of tobacco. I heard somebody say "Pete wrote the book on limited edition releases and Viaje is reading it word for word"

If they are really going to repeat all their limited release cigars every year, then I wouldn't feel as bad about missing out on them when they first come out.